Sign in to follow this  
LCconvert

zeiss conquest reticle

firstcoueswas80, what model and power did you buy that had turrets? Do you perfer the turrets to the BDC reticles? Maybe this is a silly question but you have one or the other not both, right? So in other words, if I wanted turrets than I would look for a 4.5-14 conquest with zplex and turrets.

thanks for all your help.

I bought the 4.5-14x50 AO and it came with target turrets. I bought the 4.5-14x44 and it came with what they call "hunter turrets" (which IMO is the same as regular click adjustments!) I prefer turrets many times over BDC style reticle. I have both, and both work well but the turrets work at different power ranges instead of max power only.

A nice combo would be to have turrets on a scope with the rapid-Z... for quick snap shots, have the lines and then for longer shots where you have plenty of time, use the turrets.

I have used both with success and like them both, but if I had to choose I would choose turrets with out hesitation!

Cassey,

How did you get the Butler Creek caps to fit with the rubber eye piece?

Miike, I was amazed that they fit! There is just enough space for the bolt to function properly! On my .270 wsm the mauser bolt hits and I can not have them on that rifle.

No, they are on the 44. The 50mm obj is on my .270 wsm and the muaser handle contacts.

I dont know what size they are.

As R.R. suggested to me,

and I am glad I took his advise.

Burris Signature Series, Med. height.

They lined up perfect without having to

get offset inserts.

Are you saying that you used Burris med height rings for the 50mm scope? I was wondering how high I might have to go with a 50mm scope.

As R.R. suggested to me,

and I am glad I took his advise.

Burris Signature Series, Med. height.

They lined up perfect without having to

get offset inserts.

Are you saying that you used Burris med height rings for the 50mm scope? I was wondering how high I might have to go with a 50mm scope.

YES ;)

Well I decided on the 4.5-14x44mm with the normal reticle. I wanted the 44mm and I will add target turrets later. I really didn't want the BDC reticle if I was going with turrets. Thanks for all you help!

Now to find a good bullet and load...but that is another thread. :P