Sign in to follow this  
jeepers creepers

thoughts on the Reflex bow

I am very new to bow hunting :huh: and am looking into getting my first bow.

A friend of a friend has a good deal on a Reflex Highlander (1 year old) with lots of accessories.

I'm looking for any pros or cons.

I had a Reflex and it was a very dependable, well made bow. The only thing is, the stock strings are junk. They never stop stretching. Once I got that figured out and replace the cables and strings with Winner's Choice, it shot very well.

You don't have to spend $800 on a bow to kill an animal. If you get a bow and find it's not for you, you can always unload pretty easily on the forums or Ebay and get all or most of your money back.

I shot the Reflex Buckskin for about 2 1/2 years and loved it. I did replace the string to Shooters Edge after a year and it shot even better. Then I bought a Ridgeline 34, it's super smooth from draw to release. Unfortunately I shot a Bowtech just to check them out, ended up selling my Buckskin to by my Bowtech.

Reflex is still a great brand and I would highly recommend their line for someone starting out, heck I'd recommend them to anyone.

Very well made (duh there made by Hoyt) True about the strings tho but thats an easy fix. Great starter bow.

Had a Reflex for a couple years and did well with it... Very dependable and darn near bomb proof, I would get. I switched because there are better made bows available but here are some kills to proove it's effectiveness! :rolleyes:

post-1802-1217479090_thumb.jpg

post-1802-1217479121_thumb.jpg

if your in the market for a bow check out ross outdoors archery shop. they have all differnt kinds of bows and good summer deals going on right now. heres there number 602 386 1266