Sign in to follow this  
MT. CAT

Bears in the pears!

here is a pic i got in the acorns. his front foot is 6 3/4 inches wide! :o

Yeah that bear I found hitting water has a good paw too!! I hope he comes in while I'm in my blind!!!

I hope you nail that big one!!!!

My buddy and I were on the rim last weekend glassing for anything that moved, when we found three bears. I don't know how long the stay with their mother, but it looked like a sow with 2 cubs about 1 1/2 years old. The sow was black as was one cub while the other was cinnamon. I haven't got the pictures from my friend, but have a video that is way too big to download. I'll see what I can do.

Mike

257wby, ya that is kind of is strange to see cubs with their mother being that old. They are born in then den then spend their first year with mom, den with her agian the next year then shortly after leaveing the den the leave their mother.

Many of you know I've been trapping/trying to trap bears in the white mountains, unit 1 mostly. hasn't gone to well. 12 days with 12+ traps out we have only cought 2. The bears just have pleny to eat this time of year. We have had quit a few on camera just come up to the bait, sniff it and walk off.

Theres plenty of bears up there for sure but baiting them doesn't work the greatest right now. Good luck on the hunt who ever is hunting up there and if you see a bear with a collar, think twice before you shoot it, you CAN shoot them, but a lot of hard work went into trapping those and just remember, someone else has already had their hands on your trophy. :)

I know this is a sick question and I would never do it. Sort of "if it is legal it is ethical" deal but we all know it is illegal to shoot a SOW with cubs present, But I believe it is perfectly legal to shoot the cub. Am I right about that.

Bob

according to the wording in the regulations yes. It states that any bear except sows w/ cubs is legal. on the other hand for lions any lion is legal except females with spotted kittens or spotted kittens, it actually states for lion that you cannot. But hey im sure theres plenty of black dogs in guadalupe and ya dont needa spend so much gas that way ;)

I know this is a sick question and I would never do it. Sort of "if it is legal it is ethical" deal but we all know it is illegal to shoot a SOW with cubs present, But I believe it is perfectly legal to shoot the cub. Am I right about that.

Bob

Thats Casey's next goal to go with his LION :o

:P :lol: :rolleyes:

Bob

:lol: :lol: :lol: casey loves the young ones

Bob

HAHA!

Wow clay that looks like a big bear you got there. Im not educated in bears very much, but how much do you think that bear would weigh?

Probably around 350 to 400 depending on his diet. The biggest track I have ever saw was a 9 inch wide here in 24A but i have never seen him. People say he should way around 500 give or take a few. I have been tracking the 9 inch bear for 7 years now and can find were he sleeps, eat, and plays and yet I still can't even get a trail cam pic of him. But this year he is going to slip up he should be between 17 to 19 years old and when they get too old they slip up and BAM he is mine.

Good luck everyone.

Clay

17-19 yeard old?! Holy ish, that things as old as Christian!!!!!

Bob

:lol: :lol: :lol: casey loves the young ones

This is true... Just ask Mike and his daughters! :blink:

Other than that.... Its way to late, and I have way too much Crown Royal in my belly to think of something clever.

OH! I smooched El Chupacabra earlier this morning, she kissed me back too :D

found this little guy in a really neat color!

Saw him up in the pines while scouting my elk tag yesterday, pictures are lousy but here are two

scouting079.jpg

scouting093.jpg

found this little guy in a really neat color!

Saw him up in the pines while scouting my elk tag yesterday, pictures are lousy but here are two

scouting079.jpg

scouting093.jpg

That is a cool color phase right there.

Phil