Sign in to follow this  
RoughCut

New Mexico Sheds

Here are a couple of pics of some sheds a buddy of mine found in New Mexico. And before you guys start saying eastern whitey let me just ask you if you know of any easterns on the AZ/NM border

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Alright, I'm a doubter,

That first weirdo could be anything, super cool though.

I'm going to call BS on the second one, it has what looks like 12 inch G2 and G3s, a >20 inch main beam which would make it close to a 70 inch shed; 140 without a spread (155 with) putting it 10 inches over the world record... That, and it LOOKS alot like an eastern. But if you really think its a Coues, I suggest you start scouting now, spend the whole season there, and bag a potential new world record.

I'm not calling anybody out, but I hunted a mule deer in unit 42 a couple of years ago who had antlers on either side very similar to that 2nd shed. I sure would scout that area heavily to see if the genetics are growing coues deer that huge.

Alright, I'm a doubter,

That first weirdo could be anything, super cool though.

I'm going to call BS on the second one, it has what looks like 12 inch G2 and G3s, a >20 inch main beam which would make it close to a 70 inch shed; 140 without a spread (155 with) putting it 10 inches over the world record... That, and it LOOKS alot like an eastern. But if you really think its a Coues, I suggest you start scouting now, spend the whole season there, and bag a potential new world record.

I was thinking it, you wrote it ;)

I agree jamaro, that browtine sure looks like a whitetail, plus that main beam looks exactly like a whitetail.

Talking about wierd sheds. I found this lion kill on a ranch that I run some cattle on....It has to be a deer but I'm not 100% sure..

post-1882-1216850424_thumb.jpg

I've never heard of there being easterns on the west edge of NM but anything is possible. I have heard of them on the far eastern part. I'm not sure why so many think it's so impossible for a coues, typical to go 155+/-. I bet none of us can even fathom how many world record deer there are out there. About 10 years ago, a rancher found a single shed that with a matching pair and 14 inch spread would have put him in the 160's. That was in one of thewilderness areas here in Az. I just wish I, or any of us could take one down. Or just to see one alive would make most of us die happy hunters.

I've never heard of there being easterns on the west edge of NM but anything is possible. I have heard of them on the far eastern part. I'm not sure why so many think it's so impossible for a coues, typical to go 155+/-. I bet none of us can even fathom how many world record deer there are out there. About 10 years ago, a rancher found a single shed that with a matching pair and 14 inch spread would have put him in the 160's. That was in one of thewilderness areas here in Az. I just wish I, or any of us could take one down. Or just to see one alive would make most of us die happy hunters.

Is your buddy by chance named paul Rivera