• None of these
  3. 3. Crazies

• Meth addict/crack head
    • Drug smuggler
    • Pot farmer
    • Animal rights nut
    • All of the Above
    • None of these

Does anyone else get scared of the ocean and sharks! You couldn't pay me enough to go swimming in the ocean. Being out in the forest with mountain lions and bears doesn't bother me at all, but put me out in open water and I get a little freaked out by all the unknown stuff swimming below that wants to eat me.

heck YEAH!!!

heck, I dont even like swimming in lakes thining there is a 60 lb catfish gonna come up and take a bite out of my leg!

I didn't want to ask what worst fears are, but sharks are my number one. Watch that air jaws crap and I wouldn't even get on water skis or a tube behind a boat in the ocean. Sharks, crocs, barracudas, jellyfish, giant squid, and too many other to count in an environment where we can't breathe, the ocean sucks.

Does anyone else get scared of the ocean and sharks! You couldn't pay me enough to go swimming in the ocean. Being out in the forest with mountain lions and bears doesn't bother me at all, but put me out in open water and I get a little freaked out by all the unknown stuff swimming below that wants to eat me.

heck YEAH!!!

heck, I dont even like swimming in lakes thining there is a 60 lb catfish gonna come up and take a bite out of my leg!

:o I was just waiting for someone else to say it first!!!! I go to San Carlos(Mexico) and go snorkeling and stay where it's about 6-10 ft deep and I can see everything around me. I start getting to the edge of the reef where you can't see the bottom and I turn around real quick. I am real jumpy out there.

I get in the water in the lake to wakeboard but I don't hang out too much just for "fun" in the water.

Also, I'm not too big a fan of the dark when out in the "woods" either. Somehow I have supersonic hearing in every direction my flashlight is not shining :lol: . I guess I just saw way too many movies as a kid.

Can you say Bass plug.

:o I was just waiting for someone else to say it first!!!! I go to San Carlos(Mexico) and go snorkeling and stay where it's about 6-10 ft deep and I can see everything around me. I start getting to the edge of the reef where you can't see the bottom and I turn around real quick. I am real jumpy out there.

I get in the water in the lake to wakeboard but I don't hang out too much just for "fun" in the water.

Also, I'm not too big a fan of the dark when out in the "woods" either. Somehow I have supersonic hearing in every direction my flashlight is not shining :lol: . I guess I just saw way too many movies as a kid.

100% agree!!!! every word matches! (minus the ocean thing, screw that... I wont even go in past my ankles)

my wife will hardly get in the ocean for fear of sharks. she say's there is one swimming out there with her name on it and one of these days it is going to find her. craziest thing though is she loves it when they have shark week on tv. thats a Jack for you.

Ditto!

:unsure: :unsure:

my wife will hardly get in the ocean for fear of sharks. she say's there is one swimming out there with her name on it and one of these days it is going to find her. craziest thing though is she loves it when they have shark week on tv. thats a Jack for you.

Im the same way. I love shark week, as I think they are extremly interesting but I sure as heck have no need to meet one... especially mouth to leg!

Im the same way. I love shark week, as I think they are extremly interesting but I sure as heck have no need to meet one... especially mouth to leg!

post-53-1216865763_thumb.jpg

post-53-1216865958_thumb.jpg

As close as I get is Sea World

Sorry if I hijacked the thread by bringing up sharks and the ocean. My wife makes fun of me all the time for being afraid of sharks. She thinks I'm crazy for going out in the forrest with a predator caller to ring the dinner bell for animals to come eat me, but I won't go near the ocean for fear of sharks and the unknown. She's been wanting to go on a cruise for years, but I won't go because I'm not going out on the ocean. I don't like it. It just scares me not knowing what's down there! Although I do know what's down there... Sharks! It's really kind of two fears, not knowing what's below, and sharks.

Yes, I do like shark week. Thats way cool stuff. Just don't ask me to participate. I personally wouldn't mind one bit if I never saw the ocean again.