tjhunt2

Bartlett Lake

I asked my wife where she would like to go for our anniversary and she said fishing so we're heading to Bartlett in the morning and I was wondering which road (Scottsdale or Pima) off the 101 is best. We will be coming from Mesa.I also heard there was two Pima exits. Would anyone like to comment on this? Thanks and I'll post some pics if we catch some fish.

TJ

Pima would be closer, but I don't know about construction on either road right now, but when I am headed to Desert Mountain I take whichever road I get to first.

I asked my wife where she would like to go for our anniversary and she said fishing so we're heading to Bartlett in the morning and I was wondering which road (Scottsdale or Pima) off the 101 is best. We will be coming from Mesa.I also heard there was two Pima exits. Would anyone like to comment on this? Thanks and I'll post some pics if we catch some fish.

TJ

Happy anniversary to you and your wife TJ! Good luck with the fishing and get pic's even if you don't catch em'! JIM>

TJ

Take the 101 and exit the pima/princess drive exit, turn right (watch out for photo radar), follow that all the way until your first stop sign, turn right again, follow that until you reach the bartlett lake road and turn right.

If you get there early you might get some top water or crankbait bite, otherwise worms or jigs in about 15 feet of water should work good. Have fun

I forgott to add that they no longer sell tonto national forest parking passes at the lake, so if you don't have an annual pass you need to stop at a circle k and get one before you get out there.

Thanks Jim, it's been a long fought battle, 31 yrs., but she is finally trained. She wants to go fishing instead of a movie. :huh: Praise the Lord! :lol: The hard part is waking her now at 4am :(

missedagain, Josh, & GKAINES.....pima rd it is and again thanks for the info and fishing tip.

GONE FISHING, TJ B)

Peg and I beat the sun to Bartlett but not by much. If there was a top water bite we missed it. Fishing was fun but the catching sucked. We had a great time as always. Peg catches a 2 pounder and I ended up with 1 bass shown below.

I have spent 3hours on here this morning trying to figure out photobucket from Bass's instructions and have had it. (Not Bass's fault) I really do hate these computers. :angry: Here is a couple pics but not resized and I apoligize but will figure it out one of these days.

post-1903-1212943152_thumb.jpg

sunrise at Bartlett...notice the bird?

post-1903-1212943087_thumb.jpg

the best I could do

post-1903-1212943809_thumb.jpg

Peg's lucky fish. :lol: I taught her does that count?

Guest 300ultramag.

That is a great bass for Bartlett...Well done

she even knows how to hold the bass right for a pic.. That is crucial..

TJ, I think if you would have extended your arm all the way, you could have made this bass look ATLEAST 6 ounces!

BTW, I've been there, done that!

SanCarlos3-29-08026.jpg

TJ, I think if you would have extended your arm all the way, you could have made this bass look ATLEAST 6 ounces!

BTW, I've been there, done that!

SanCarlos3-29-08026.jpg

Casey, maybe we better team and go on the road. :lol: :lol:

TJ

Tom congrates on ya'll's anniversary. Great pic of Peggy. Jealous of ya...I keep telling Kathi that we need to hit the water again. Next scouting trip to unit 8 we are taking our poles.

Mark and Kathi

All I can say is how AWESOME is it that your wife chose to go fishing for your anniversary!! It is great that she likes to share that with you!! It is also fitting that she caught the biggest fish!! :lol: AG

TJ, I got the truck and the boat, you got the cash to finance it?

I can even catch a keeper now and then!

SanCarlos3-29-08027.jpg

TJ, I got the truck and the boat, you got the cash to finance it?

CASH? :huh: :(

TJ