Sign in to follow this  
skyhawkbowhunter

Badlands packs

I looked at the badlands 4500 pack today at cabelas it looked nice but why would someone pay that much for a pack $370 when u could get a crooked horn pack same size for $220?

Badlands are worth the money. I have sent mine back three times do to my stupid mistakes and they did not repair it, but they sent me new ones. I will use them for ever, For ever, For ever. :lol: The badlands 4500 is three packs in one and you will not run out of room unless you are to strong for your own good.

I am not a fan of the Badlands packs....

The 4500 is nice, but to ME it was way too top heavy.. IMO

The 2800 is a terrible design... completly designed around the wings, as there is 0 space for storage anywhere but the wings.

Same for the 2200...

On the other hand, I LOVE my J107 Eberlestock!

I am not a fan of the Badlands packs....

The 4500 is nice, but to ME it was way too top heavy.. IMO

The 2800 is a terrible design... completly designed around the wings, as there is 0 space for storage anywhere but the wings.

Same for the 2200...

On the other hand, I LOVE my J107 Eberlestock!

I like the eberlestock packs as well

My current backpack and the best backpack that i have used is the Hunt Pack from Adventure Outfitters.

http://www.adventureoutfittersinc.com/#

It has an external frame which is extremely comfortable and lets air between the frame and your back which keeps you from sweating so much. It has pockets for your spoting scope,binoculars, tripod, etc...

Check it out. It's not cheap but the best in my opinion!

I got tired of having to send my Badlands in every for repair twice a year. Got the J104 and have never had a problem with it.

+ 1 on the BADLANDS, those guy's a top notch folks over there and I know for fact that they back up their packs! As far as weight distribution, they are the most effectively engineered packs available to us hunters. JMO...

Another for Badlands. I have a Hypervent and it can't be beat for warm weather hunting. I messed up the zipper trying to force a scope into the scope pocket - sent it in for repairs had a new one in hand in less than 5 days. I also had them build an attachment that would clip to existing clips to carry my tripod - they custom made it without hesitation for $20.00 and that included the shipping.

+1 for badlands - I have the 2200 and I really like it. the pockets on the edges do not hold much, just enough room for a knife or flashlight that is about it. I put my scope on one side of the wing and my tripod on the other side. that leaves the main compartment for all my other stuff.

I know plenty of guys who have eberlestock packs as well and all they have to say is good stuff about them.

Probably can not go wrong either way.

I have 2 different models of the 2200 and love both and i compared the monster waist pac with the blackcreek Jim Horn and bought the blackcreek love it for scouting and horn huntin. my wife bought the 4500 for christmas from sportsmans but it was last years model I called up badlands they completly exchanged through the mail with no charge for the most recent model with no hesitation they said whatever it takes to make the costomer happy they also said if after I got the new pack and changed my mind they would be more than happy to switch it back . Ive also had pack repared by them and even had them replace one after a dog used it for a chew toy Badlands all the way for me anyone who will back their product like that has my vote.

Thanks Jeremy Ulmer

I have the 2800 and the Hypervent. Both of them have been very good packs for me. I did rip the 2800 on my own and sent it back. They repaired it with no problems. I mostly carry the Hypervent now due to the way it is designed. David

The quality with the Crooked Horn just isn't there IMO. Badlands are nice, but i like the Eberlestock better. The pocket organization fits my needs much better than the Badlands. My J104 is the best pack I've ever owned. Both make great packs and have super service.

I just traded my old 2800 in on a new one and man is it way better designed. I thought my old one was good, ,but the new one is awesome, my only complaint is that the bladder net is a little to small for my big old water bladders. I got half the price in trade in on a 4 year old pack. They also got rid of the big flap on the main compartment and that was why I switched packs. I think for the money they are a bargain especially with the customer service. AG

I use the BL2200 and an eberlestock gunlinger. Both are great made packs. Both fit me really well. Im not a very big guy, and its hard to find a big enough pack that fits well enough to haul a ways. I usually don't haul a spotter so on the 2200 i use that pouch for a 1 liter bottle of water. I also put the 15's in the little zipper pocket on the inside of the pack. That little orange deal comes in real handy for packin stuff out too. You can fit quite a bit on the outside of the pack if its done right. I really like the gunslinger though. Its a little bigger, and it holds my rifle. I dont think you could go wrong with an Eberlestock or Badlands