SunDevil

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

last year ASU won both indoor and outdoor track and field national championships - only like the 2nd time that has ever occurred. I know that is kind of like the the kitty scats taking it all in swimming this year but you asked. like I said, that was last year - welcome to 2008.

PCC Flagstaff should have taught you the most important measure to an athletic department is Sear's Cup standings. Right now, ASU is #13 in the country and the scats are #40. both should go up once softball and baseball are over but the scats probably won't crack the top 30 let alone the top 10 like ASU probably will.

there you go.

Well ASU pulled one out against Bama.

unfortunately it does not look good for the lady kitty scats and a 3 peat - after dropping into the LOSERS bracket last night they will have to win 2 games on Saturday and 2 games on Sunday to make it to the Championship.

what I want to know is how in the world UCLA got seeded 2nd in the WCWS and ASU 6th when ASU was the PAC10 Champions?

kind of like how au got invited to the basketball tournament after finishing 7th in the PAC10 and not having a winning record in the conference.

or like au getting one of the 16 #1 seeds in the mens baseball tournament even though they were not ranked in the top 25 nationally and finished 4th in the PAC10 without having a winning record in the conference.

What and when was the last national championship the scumdevils won?

Welcome to 2008.

What and when was the last national championship won by a school you graduated from?

Well, not national championship, but the lady cabs soccer team won the state championship 2 or 3 years ago.

Any more cryin about the cats and their seeds?

no cryin here buddy - just goes to show what little the ncaa selection committee knows about what they are doing.

I do have one other question though - if you think au is such a great school how come you didn't go there?

I dont recall ever saying the school was great, I recall stating that I support there athletics...

As far as choosing NAU over U of A or ASPUUUU.... NAU is a smaller campus, smaller classes, better education... My LARGEST class ( one that EVERYONE has to take) was maybe 130 people... I had Spanish classes that were 12 people... I'd like to see U of A or ASPUUUU come close to touching that.

me thinks the entry requirements were more difficult.

Are you kidding me, really? I'm pretty sure they are the same across the board. However, being a Wildcat through and through, people wonder how I can watch asu play sports. Honestly I like to see Az schools dominate the Pac-10 and to see Pac-10 schools dominate everyone else. However I don't get all fired up in the rivalry and when I meet someone who went to asu, I generally try and treat them with respect and if they were courteous and kept my tea glass full, I will make sure to leave them a solid 18% tip. :o :lol:

me thinks the entry requirements were more difficult.

Actually, I received a "gold diploma" from my highschool which means automatic admission to any college I wanted.

But nice try.

Jake, 18% is usually more than they deserve, I usually give them 15% or so. Actually, I never tip at McDonalds or Burger King.

well on second thought, apparently the graduation requirements are more difficult at Grand Canyon Community College - Flagstaff, if you know what I mean.

well it looks like the lady kitty scats are 2 N Que in the WCWS this year. to bad for mowatt that candrea was off coaching the olympic team during her senior year. probably could have been a 3 peat if he had been around.

as for ASU - looks like the selection committee did screw the pooch in seeding ucla #2 as the SUNDEVILS took it to them last night. only need to win one more game tomorrow and they are in the championship series starting on monday.

Casey - let me know if you want to make the trip over to my house Monday night to watch the 1st game of the National Championship Series - I'm sure you know who is and who is not playing in it. :huh: :o :lol: :D :P