Sign in to follow this  
coues7

Carrying Binos

I've been using the "bino manager" made by Mad Dog Gear (they also make if for a number of other companies including IPI).

Here is a link to the company: Mad Dog Gear Bino Manager

I've modified mine by adding a stap to the back to keep it from sliding forward. The only problem that I have, which drives me NUTS, is that the "basket" on the front is too small for my 10x50 Swarovski's. Has anyone modified theirs? Is there something that has come out recently that is better?

Thanks

coues7

Someone mentioned that the cover on the IPI model is slightly larger than the one on the Mad Dog version. I have the IPI one and my 10+15 Duovids fit fine, but I can see that a longer pair of binos would not. The Duovids are 7 3/4" tall with the eyecups extended.

Did you make some kind of suspender strap attachment to keep the harness from riding up high?

Doug~RR

Doug,

I know firstcoueswas80 mentioned that in the thread you originally started here Doug's Original Thread the thing I don't understand is Mad Dog Gear (STEARNS) makes all of them....the one for Sportsmans warehouse, the one for IPI....all of them.

I modified the center section on the rear. It now clips onto my belt to keep the basket and bino's from dropping down and riding to low. If I don't get home to late and remember I'll take a picture tonight and post it. I've contacted and worked with Stearns on getting a larger basket made and they were supposed to be working on it.....then last time I talked to them they said they had dropped the idea of making a larger basket.

I've talked to a number of other people that sell them and supposedly Stearns got away from the nice neoprene over the shoulder straps......kinda crappy if you asking me.

Scott

Scott,

that is the only compaint I have against the Bino Manager; it rides up the back and the bino lowers in the front. Having a suspender type attachment in the back puts one back to the same problem I had with the Hang-Tight in that it worked poorly when wearing a jacket.

I do like those wider neoprene shoulder straps on the Bino Manager- what are they using now?.

Doug

Having a suspender type attachment in the back puts one back to the same problem I had with the Hang-Tight in that it worked poorly when wearing a jacket.

I do like those wider neoprene shoulder straps on the Bino Manager- what are they using now?.

Doug

I don't tuck in my jacket and only the first couple of shirts so the clip that I have works great. Supposedly they got away from the neoprene and were going with something else but I guess suppliers didn't want them so they sent them all back to Chine and are working on something else (maybe back to neoprene)

Scott