Oct 31-6 MD 350

Nov 7-13 WT 650

Nov 14-20 MD 250

Nov 21-27 Jr deer 150

Nov 21-27 Jr. javi 135

Nov 28-4 WT 650

Dec 12-31 WT late 40

Total 3160

Doesn't include archery hunters but I am guessing it will be a lot more than 200 to 600 bringing the total over 3500

Archery will be way more than 200! Aug-Sept! And Dec-Jan. All those units down there will have almost nonstop deer pressure from Aug -Jan. It is amazing the deer are not totally nocturnal. BUT, of course if the deer were to go totally nocturnal then hunter success would be lower, and then the G&F could put out MORE PERMITS $$$$ :blink: :ph34r: You gota love it! :huh:

Well the Illegals have ruined the border units.... So let AZGF ruin the rest! ;) They can't allow 33 to continue to produce the best coues deer in the state for very long.... that would be just plain Wrong!!! :angry: We just thought Coues Deer were hard to hunt..... they just got Harder! ;) I just wish I was as Edjumacated as the AZGF so I could understand their management plan.... are we trying to harass the deer to death or harvest and manage them..... I'm to Stupid to understand..... I guess. :rolleyes: <_<

Boy, I sure am glad we all have more Opportunity.... aren't you guys??? <_< :angry: :(

CnS

DiamondbackAZ,

Hate to kick a guy in the groin when he's down but I believe you forgot the 2 Junior Javelina hunts with 135 tags each! Add another 270 tags to the pressure. Sorry about that guy. I picked up on it because I had already done the same calculations for my favorite units.

Lee

I got drawn there last year for javelina, and it was INSANE with all the people.

AZGF had a javelina hunt and a whitetail hunt on the exact same days!!!!! :angry:

Even the ranger down there told me this was the dumbest move he's seen in awhile.

I got drawn there last year for javelina, and it was INSANE with all the people.

AZGF had a javelina hunt and a whitetail hunt on the exact same days!!!!! :angry:

Even the ranger down there told me this was the dumbest move he's seen in awhile.

I guess he had not seen the 2008 deer hunt recommendations

:lol:

Archery will be way more than 200! Aug-Sept! And Dec-Jan. All those units down there will have almost nonstop deer pressure from Aug -Jan. It is amazing the deer are not totally nocturnal. BUT, of course if the deer were to go totally nocturnal then hunter success would be lower, and then the G&F could put out MORE PERMITS $$$$ :blink: :ph34r: You gota love it! :huh:

Well the Illegals have ruined the border units.... So let AZGF ruin the rest! ;) They can't allow 33 to continue to produce the best coues deer in the state for very long.... that would be just plain Wrong!!! :angry: We just thought Coues Deer were hard to hunt..... they just got Harder! ;) I just wish I was as Edjumacated as the AZGF so I could understand their management plan.... are we trying to harass the deer to death or harvest and manage them..... I'm to Stupid to understand..... I guess. :rolleyes: <_<

Boy, I sure am glad we all have more Opportunity.... aren't you guys??? <_< :angry: :(

CnS

I guess I did miss a few and I probably did under estatmate the archery hunters. It is also true that Redington Pass, Charouluea Gap, and Rice peak are heavy areas used by four wheelers, dirt bikers, quad riders, Mountain bikers, and others. It's close proximity to Tucson is what kills it. 34A gets hit hard too. I will add the jr javi hunts to the above total.

How do you think 33 stacks up against 36b?

in years past:

1,000 in octber ( deer only)

1,000 in november (deer only)

200 in december

now, add in mule deer hunters, archery hunters and the javelina hunters.

There are other units that have been like this or worse for years. 33 is growing in popularity because of the toads that are being pulled out of it.

33 is not a good unit to put in for, aint no deer left in there.... <_<

How do you think 33 stacks up against 36b?

in years past:

1,000 in octber ( deer only)

1,000 in november (deer only)

200 in december

now, add in mule deer hunters, archery hunters and the javelina hunters.

There are other units that have been like this or worse for years. 33 is growing in popularity because of the toads that are being pulled out of it.

Yes, 36B always had the highest number of permits in years past and has 2990 permits for junior, mule deer, & wt deer for this draw. However, 36B has many more roads and areas to disperse hunters better than 33.

Think about that in a different way... more yahoos driving on more roads... either way it works out to be a bad thing!

Think about that in a different way... more yahoos driving on more roads... either way it works out to be a bad thing!

Yup!!!!