Sign in to follow this  
bojangles

Free elk meat for your dog

My son shot this elk a few years back and it tasted like a rotten shoe.  Not sure what happened.  Most of it got left out last week in the cooler and spoiled.  I still have 4 packages left, some of them pretty big.  

They are on the front porch.   Probably not enough meat there are to warrant driving a long distance, but if you’re in the Payson area and want it PM me and I’ll give you my address and you can swing by and grab it off my porch. If it spoils, I’m just gonna throw in the trash. first come first served. 

5 hours ago, bojangles said:

My son shot this elk a few years back and it tasted like a rotten shoe.  Not sure what happened.  Most of it got left out last week in the cooler and spoiled.  I still have 4 packages left, some of them pretty big.  

They are on the front porch.   Probably not enough meat there are to warrant driving a long distance, but if you’re in the Payson area and want it PM me and I’ll give you my address and you can swing by and grab it off my porch. If it spoils, I’m just gonna throw in the trash. first come first served. 

Gotta love those rotten shoe elk! In all mine I have harvested 2 that way and both smelled horrible the moment they were on the ground. 1 cow 1 young bull & both early archery hunts. Since the meat is the prize to me this sucks when it happens!!! Good luck and maybe just feed the yotes and do some shooting. 

• Like 1