Sign in to follow this  
Redman

For the Whisker Biscuit Nay Sayers

I know there has and always will be discussion on which arrow rest is the best (drop away vs. Whisker Biscuit, etc).

First, let me say I use a Whisker Biscuit (so I may be biased) not because I think it's the most accurate rest, just the best hunting rest.

Check out this video, can I get an AMEN! If I could only shoot mine this good.

Whisker Bicuit

As always,,,,,,,, use what you feel most comfortable with.

Redman

The bisquit has done me good, have no negative experiences with em here :) . I really appreciate it when on stand/blind. Don't have to think twice about it, just draw the bow and pick a spot.

I just got a new bow and it came with the whisker biscuit already on it. My question is, how many fps does the biscuit cost you over a fall away rest?

Thanks for any info.

Mike

I just got a new bow and it came with the whisker biscuit already on it. My question is, how many fps does the biscuit cost you over a fall away rest?

Thanks for any info.

Mike

On average around 2 or 3 fps.

It has pros and cons.

Pro: the arrow will never fall off the rest.

Con: I had an elk hear me draw and stop behind a tree and then never offer me a shot. probably could have happened with any rest I was shooting though.

Just like everything else there are the people who swear by them and people who hate them. If loss of arrow speed is all you're worried about, then 2 or 3 fps is nothing at all. The problem it seems I hear with the people who have had them and hate them, is 1; fletching damage and 2; loss of accuracy after shooting through the rest over a long period of time.

Thanks for any info.

Mike

:huh: :huh:

2-3 fps???? I bet Casey is closer at 10 fps.... ;)

I am still amazed at 130 yds, that guy could group his arrows. No matter what rest a person shoots, that is impressive, with a hunting bow no less.

Redman

I just switched from a wb to a drop zone and my groups tightened up a bunch. You have to have great form to shoot a wb as any movement during the shot until the arrow clears the rest,will throw you off.

Thanks for any info.

Mike

Casey is not the norm..... 2 or 3 fps is the norm.......the next time I am close to a chrono, I will shoot a bare arrow through my WB on my X-Force. BUT shooting a WB on a X-force is still shooting faster than any other bow :P If I could only put the arrow where it needs to go :lol:

Redman

Thanks for any info.

Mike

Casey is not the norm..... 2 or 3 fps is the norm.......the next time I am close to a chrono, I will shoot a bare arrow through my WB on my X-Force. BUT shooting a WB on a X-force is still shooting faster than any other bow :P If I could only put the arrow where it needs to go :lol:

Redman

Shoot a drop-away and maybe your arrow will go where they need to go :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: J/K

Well, my bow started at 263, ended at 274... so gained 11 FPS.... Thats not that fast, so I would think tat a faster bow would gain more by loosing the drag.... Oh, yeah and my goups went from dinner plate, to pie tin... at 20 yards! hahah!

I know there has and always will be discussion on which arrow rest is the best (drop away vs. Whisker Biscuit, etc).

First, let me say I use a Whisker Biscuit (so I may be biased) not because I think it's the most accurate rest, just the best hunting rest.

Check out this video, can I get an AMEN! If I could only shoot mine this good.

Whisker Bicuit

As always,,,,,,,, use what you feel most comfortable with.

Redman

I saw that video a while back, pretty good shooting. I'm Jealous.

Couldn't agree with you more red, it is the best for hunting, and plenty accurate with a well tuned bow.

twoguns

Gino I don't know about the 10 fps slower with the whisker bisquit. We messed around with that at Sportsmans and 9 out of the 10 times it only changed 2 to 3 fps the 10th time was on a much faster bow (Bowtech Allegience) and it was 5 fps slower. Never know though that 10 fps might be right :blink: