azcouesandelk

FS: 1978 International Scout II

Thats a bummer, thought she was your pride and joy!

I have ridden in the back seat of this bad boy (small, but im a biggun') and it rides nice!

Didn't realize you guys were that close Christian :P

Hope all goes well on the sale, if you're lucky maybe it'll take awhile to sell

That sucks that you inherited that old beater to ride around in. Must be rough. The only thing that I inherited was, wait, I think, Oh never mind I haven't inherited anything yet. Just kidding, but i am sure that thing will look better once you get some good AZ pinstriping on it. And just remember the first one is the hardest and after that they come easy.

Packer

Hard to sell a gas guzzler these days.

Surprisingly this rig gets around 15 mpg on the freeway and 12 mpg in town. It isn't as good as some newer vehichles but good luck finding a carberated engine that will do that.

Also with the 727 touraueflite tranny you can get a crate motor from chrysler that will bolt right up such as the 318 or 360 both are fuel injected.

If you want the scout instead of the Dodge, why dont your parents just sell your moms retired ride?

They want me to have a newer vehichle that is "safer" they think if I were to get into an accident with the Scout I might get hurt. O hwell they are paying for the insurance and it is in their hands now.

The Dakotas are good little trucks but they have no ground clearance and nobody makes a lift for them. The only thing you can do is a front leveling kit and a little bigger tires. The one I had did good off road except for beating the tar out of the bottom. If yer Dakota doesn't have skid plates already then ya better put some on. I traded mine off on a Jeep :rolleyes:

BTW Nice little Scout

If you want the scout instead of the Dodge, why dont your parents just sell your moms retired ride?

They want me to have a newer vehichle that is "safer" they think if I were to get into an accident with the Scout I might get hurt. O hwell they are paying for the insurance and it is in their hands now.

Lol so the steel used in 1978 is softer than the crap they use now?! Man, I felt like i was bullet proof (of course i was/am) when I had my 1989 F250! Solid steel baby!

This is the new International truck on the market today. The Photos are from Matt Hughes site.

post-171-1210702786_thumb.jpg

post-171-1210702800_thumb.jpg