SilentButDeadly

Wall of Shame!

Bulletin Board of Shame?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Offroading ATV's

• I'd post a picture if I had one
    • So what? Its not like G$F or USFS is going to do squat?
  2. 2. Poachers!!!

• Um ya!
    • No way, I'm a poacher!
  3. 3. Trashy campers! (other than the northbound variety down south)

• Hate um!
    • I always forget to buy trash bags okay, jeez!

Reading Jim's post about shed hunter quad tracks running around everywhere off-road got me thinking.

Why don't we have a pinned thread, a Wall of Shame, of sorts where you can post all of the terrible things you see out there - that way we permanently raise awareness of the kinds of things that ultimately are reflected back upon the hunting community.

When you are out and about and you see some yahoo on his quad, take his picture, a headshot, his truck, his quad, and then post it on here.

Whadayall think?

The problem is that offroading your quad is actually legal, to an extent, on certain forests. What is illegal is doing damage to that forest by riding a quad there! Prove in court that damage was done and you might get the ticket to stick......otherwise why bother. We will all eventually feel the effects of road closures and not being able to retreive game with a vehicle very soon partly because of all this :(

As far as posting actual pic's of somebody.......that is questionable I think. If somebody posts a pic of an individuals face, name, or license plate......that could be asking for problems on several levels. I would not worry about something like what you posted, especially if I knew for a fact it was illegal on that forest, but to be more descriptive and publicly accuse and identify somebody could definitely cause problems. At the very least you would have to watch your back from that point on :huh:

I guess I see where you are coming from as far as libeling people - but this is not a newspaper, or televised news program or even a court room - I wonder what the legal ramifications are?

If anyone can find that pic of the washes down south with all the trash in them. Does that count as trashy camping? That pic is just awful.

Mike