Sign in to follow this  
RAC

300 wby

I was looking at getting a 300 weatherby , I wanted to know if any one has the vanguard sub-moa. Is it that much better than the regular vanguard. Thanks

What I was told is that a Submoa is guaranteed to shoot 1/2" @ 100 yds, a regular vangaurd is 3/4" @ 100 yds.

Put a swarovski TDS scope on it and it won't make a difference.

Mike

P.S. I have a 300 Weatherby vangaurd for sale.

I'd spend the money on a Mark V if it was me... reguardless, you will love the 300 wby. We all do!

Best of luck!

CnS

I have a 300 wby , plain ole vanguard , bought it 10 years ago for about $400.00 . And yes , I do love it , but I've kinda been hankerin for a 257 wby to use for cooze deer , 300 's just too much for them little deer . Not that I believe there is any such thing as overkill but I was hoping 257 might be lighter and a little easier to carry on those long treks lookin for my next trophy cooze buck .

Well after doing a little research I've discovered that the 257 and 300 vanguards weigh the same . Guess I'll have to think of some other excuse to buy me a new 257 vanguard . I checked the price at wally world today , it was $425.00 for new 257 wby vanguard .

I have been reading EVERYWHERE that the Vangurd action itself is a far superior action to the Mark V, at 1/3 or 1/4 the price!

I have a 300 wby , plain ole vanguard , bought it 10 years ago for about $400.00 . And yes , I do love it , but I've kinda been hankerin for a 257 wby to use for cooze deer , 300 's just too much for them little deer . Not that I believe there is any such thing as overkill but I was hoping 257 might be lighter and a little easier to carry on those long treks lookin for my next trophy cooze buck .

Ruff,

Use a solid copper Barnes bullet for coues.... it won't tear up the meat.... and thus making the 300wby a Perfect Coues gun. ;) I, however, am dying to try my Berger VLD's on a Coues. ;)

CnS

I have been reading EVERYWHERE that the Vangurd action itself is a far superior action to the Mark V, at 1/3 or 1/4 the price!

Casey,

You should know by now that information obtained from the wall of the mens urinal is not reliable.