Sign in to follow this  
4Falls

Karchner caverns

Had the oppurtunity to take my daughters to Karchner caverns on Thursday. What a great experience. The tour guides were very informative and the girls learned a ton. Smack in the middle of some good looking coues country too.

it is !!! - I would recommend to everyone on this site to put in for Oct 34B as their first and only choice. Can't get much better than that.

I really need to check out the cavern. The second Coues buck I ever shot was behind Karchner. The largest Coues pick up I ever found was also back behind Karchner!

No coues left in that country. I killed the last one a couple years ago. :unsure: The cave is the only thing left to do in the area. :o OK the truth is that it is almost imposible to get into the Coues country do to the ranchers only letting you in so far. Post Ranch is the only one still leting people in and they are even getting picky about it.

Was the whole cavern open to the public..I took the kids down there last year and only part of it was open because it was the bats mating season. Let me know please I would like to take them down there to see the rest. Thanks

I really need to check out the cavern. The second Coues buck I ever shot was behind Karchner. The largest Coues pick up I ever found was also back behind Karchner!

like I said - everyone on this site should be putting in for 34B Oct as their first and only choice

I agree with yah sundevil, if you get back in there off the roads, you'll see some great terain, and yes some good bucks. the terrain is rocky and steep, and i loved hunting it this last october. And i was right up the road from the caverns.