Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

"New" Coyote rig

a couple years ago while turkey hunting I dropped a dog in its tracks at 49 yards. I was shooting #4s through a mossberg 500 with a 30" full choke barrel.

one and done baby - one and done.

Casey - I am with CNS on this one and would recommend opening that choke up as much as possible if it adjustable and if not you might want to just cut the last inch or two off the barrel to open that pattern up some.

good luck this weekend.

Casey I am with you on this, if it don't have horns you don't have an issue. We are just waiting to see if you get a bull tag so we can invest some money in lead. :lol:

In all seriousness that gun looks cool as heck.

Sticks well so far. have had it on one trip with no flaks yet. I sealed it, and primed the gun before i put it on.

Kgaines, If i draw a bull tag, invest in carbon, not lead!

yep - and then I pulled a Casey - after drilling the dog I turned and shot the darn beard off the turkey.

It has been holding up nicely. I have been out a handfull of times and has only rubbed/or flaked where it absolutely had to..

It hasnt flaked anywhere on the gun that hasnt been forced to. The only place it is coming off of is the rubber on the recoil pad, which I expected.