I was talking with a buddy today who asked whatever became of the incident last season where I believe a well-known guide and the holder of the governor's auction elk tag were cited for shooting a huge elk supposedly too close to occupied buildings. Was this ever resolved? Don't remember hearing the outcome.

Lee

I've never heard anything else about it either.

I was wondering if that rack was one of the sets going to be sold at the ISE this weekend by the G&F.

Wow,

Is G&F really able to keep a lid on a story like this? I wanted the guide and hunter to have their day to to tell the story. Where's Lark? He must know somebody, who knows somebody, who is related to somebody, who is married to somebody, who knows the truth!

C'mon somebody must have heard something by now.

Lee

It will take a while for everything to go to court and get settled out.

The rack was not at the ISE show either I am not sure what happend to that.

Nobody is guilty of anything yet......I heard it's still being hashed out. Also, I highly doubt you'll see that rack show up at any auctions.......and I'm sure it's still at the taxi that recieved it initially.

I find it interesting that the outfitter is using pictures of it on their website. what if anything is the outfitter potentially at risk of?

I heard that the hunter had more money than all of us put together and had offered to buy the house from the people on the spot where the elk ended up dying. He even said he would pay off their morgage for them. I'm not to sure as to the trueth of all that. :huh:

TJ

I heard that the hunter had more money than all of us put together and had offered to buy the house from the people on the spot where the elk ended up dying. He even said he would pay off their morgage for them. I'm not to sure as to the trueth of all that. :huh:

TJ

LOL, that's a good one, a lame one but a good one.