DesertBull

G&F opposes Constitutional right to hunt

I know the Commission was not happy when the the 10% NR cap was made a state law instead of a G&F rule.

The game and fish in Arizona want to rule with an iron fist and oppose anything that takes away their "God" status. It is the largest unpoliced agency in the state. They do what they want and if someone opposes them they start the fear campaign.

I used to agree with their policies until I saw years of money grubbing manipulation of the a Arizona sportsmen. I have become so bitter with the agency, that I hate to say that I agree with any law that will put some accountability in the agency. It has turned into a well oiled machine that will run right over us if we let it. And so far we have let it.

If something isn't done, Only the rich and well off will be hunting in just a few years. Just ask anyone from Europe. We are allready headed in that direction.

I know that most people think that the Game and Fish in Arizona have their best interest in mind, and if you believe that I have some swamp land in Florida for sale. Call me.

Hey donniedent,

Can you take Hawkeye up North with you?

Thanks,

Mike

Hey donniedent,

Can you take Hawkeye up North with you?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks mike. I'm ready. I allready have my aplications in for Wyoming and Colorado.

Out of the 50 states where do you guys think AZGFD would rank, while I have issues with them I would still rank them better than most.

Out of the 50 states where do you guys think AZGFD would rank, while I have issues with them I would still rank them better than most.

Hard to say, each state has their own issues to deal with. Some states are almost 100% private property, some only have 1 or 2 species of game to manage.

I give them a A+ on fending off the land owner tag issues.

I give them a C- on communication and relationships with the ones paying the bills...US!

On dealing with the predator issues and anti-hunters in general. They don't seem to put up much of a fight. Maybe it's not a public fight though, maybe it goes on mostly behind the scenes, so I won't judge to harshly on that.

Seems to me, that when most of the people moving here were from the north or midwest, there were not as many social issues regarding hunting and fishing to deal with. Now that a lot of those moving here are from Cali, Washington, Oregon, etc. things have turned more politically correct.

Overall, I think the Dept does a great job. Can't really say the same thing about the commission though.

The version you are reading does not include the amendment adopted by the COMMITTEE ON NATURAL RESOURCES AND PUBLIC SAFETY. I'm not sure I like it much better. I think couesdiehard's comments, as well as G&F official concerns, still apply.

1 Be it resolved by the House of Representatives of the State of Arizona, the

2 Senate concurring:

3 1. Article II, Constitution of Arizona, is proposed to be amended by

4 adding section 36 as follows if approved by the voters and on proclamation of

5 the Governor:

6 36. Hunting, fishing and harvesting game animals

7 SECTION 36. A. THE RIGHT OF CITIZENS of this state TO HUNT, FISH AND

8 HARVEST GAME ANIMALS ON PUBLIC AND PRIVATE PROPERTY is subject CONSISTENT

9 WITH THE LAW OF TRESPASS SHALL NOT BE IMPAIRED AND IS SUBJECT

10 ONLY TO REASONABLE statutes and REGULATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS SPECIFICALLY

11 enacted PRESCRIBED BY THE LEGISLATURE.

12 B. CONSISTENT WITH THE PUBLIC TRUST TO CONSERVE BIRDS,

13 GAME ANIMALS, FISH AND WILDLIFE, TRADITIONAL METHODS shall be preserved MAY BE USED

14 TO TAKE NONTHREATENED SPECIES, TRADITIONALLY PURSUED.

15 C. PUBLIC HUNTING, FISHING AND harvesting HARVEST ARE PREFERRED

16 MEANS OF MANAGING AND CONTROLLING NONTHREATENED fish and WILDLIFE.

D. This section does not:

1. Invalidate any statute, rule or regulation that is in effect on November 4, 2008.

2. Modify any provision of common law or statute relating to trespass."

17 2. The Secretary of State shall submit this proposition to the voters

18 at the next general election as provided by article XXI, Constitution of

19 Arizona.

I would like to see some sort of constitutional amendment that garaunteed the anti's can't pass laws that eliminate our privilege to hunt like they have w/ the mountain lions in Ca. & the bear baiting in numerous states, but at the same time the law has to stipulate that the herds be managed by wildlife & conservation professionals, not a bunch of political a-holes who've never held a fishing pole. I'd vote this down for that reason alone.

Matt S.

I would like to see some sort of constitutional amendment that garaunteed the anti's can't pass laws that eliminate our privilege to hunt like they have w/ the mountain lions in Ca. & the bear baiting in numerous states, but at the same time the law has to stipulate that the herds be managed by wildlife & conservation professionals, not a bunch of political a-holes who've never held a fishing pole. I'd vote this down for that reason alone.

Matt S.

Well put!

The section that says it does not invalidate any statute, rule or regulation in effect as of November 2008 is bunk! By it's very nature it strips the authority away from the G & F Commission which is given to them by statute. Either politicians are idiots or they think we are.

Lee

Donnie,

You must have the record ( 7 generations native) I am third,but the youngest in our family is 5th.My family came right at 1900.Yours would have had to come in the mid 1800's.

The section that says it does not invalidate any statute, rule or regulation in effect as of November 2008 is bunk! By it's very nature it strips the authority away from the G & F Commission which is given to them by statute. Either politicians are idiots or they think we are.

Lee

+1

Donnie,

You must have the record ( 7 generations native) I am third,but the youngest in our family is 5th.My family came right at 1900.Yours would have had to come in the mid 1800's.

Yeah, my family moved to the Blue River in the late 1880's. Ranchers back in there. You ever here of the Balke cabin at Hanigans meadow??? That was Rob Balke's place. He's a distant uncle of mine. If you look on google earth, theres a spring called Balke spring, its named after my uncle Rob. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm 6th generation, my son is 7th. My mistake. My great, great, great grandfather Max Balke was the first in our family to move here. My Great Grandmother isn't actually a true native, she was born in Alma New Mexico just over the state line. Everyone else was born here. Needless to say, I've got alot of history here and it will be hard to leave for that reason but I sure as heck can't wait to get out of this God forsaken Phoenix... I'm DONE! Its really too bad that Phoenix has turned out the way it has. It sure seemed to be a different place when I was a kid. When I look at how Arizona has turned from a good western conservative state into this mix of every kind of A-Hole that was tossed out of those rust bucket states back east, it makes me sick. Now, don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good people that have moved here and I've yet to meet anyone here on CW that I don't like but as we all know, a good portion of the "newbies" here have brought thier crap attitudes and bad politics with them and I wish they wouldn't have come!

Donnie

P.S. I don't hold any records. Theres an Apache that runs around here that has me beat by about 10,000 years!