Sign in to follow this  
THOR

problems with the PSE X-Force

My father shoots the X-force, it is a great bow and he loves shooting it and shoots it very well. The problem that is occuring is that he has gone through three sets of strings and cables. Two of them were Winners Choice and the one he is shooting now is Americas Best. The Winners Choice string would not stop stretching. He switched to Americas Best three months ago and though it is not stretching as much it is freying all the way up and down the string and cable. The winners choice was doing the same, freying from end to end. He uses Scorpion Venom as a string cleaner and wax. The main problem is the amont of freying that is going on.

My question is that does anyone else out there have this same problem. If so please respond or at least maybe give me a hint on why this might be going on. We are not geting any good answers from PSE and they are saying that this is the only bow they have seen do this.

Thanks all.

Mark Thorsrud

We are not geting any good answers from PSE and they are saying that this is the only bow they have seen do this.

I have handled and shot many of the X-Forces and this is the very first instance I have heard of it also. I would go down to PSE and have them look it over and try to figure it out and have them keep giving you strings under there warranty until they have it figured out!

I would suggest going down to Shooters Edge Archery, he makes a great string.

DITTO!! RAY WILL BUILD YOU THE BEST STRING YOU CAN FIND. AS WELL HE WILL STAND BEHIND IT IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS. HAVE BEEN USING HIS PRODUCT EXCLUSIVELY FOR 8 YEARS.....ZERO PROBLEMS. NOT ONLY THAT BUT THE GUY KNOWS HOW TO THROW A TUNE ON A BOW AS WELL.

I'd use this opportunity to trade up to a Mathews..... :rolleyes: :unsure: :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Good luck.

CnS

I would suggest going down to Shooters Edge Archery, he makes a great string.

DITTO!! RAY WILL BUILD YOU THE BEST STRING YOU CAN FIND. AS WELL HE WILL STAND BEHIND IT IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS. HAVE BEEN USING HIS PRODUCT EXCLUSIVELY FOR 8 YEARS.....ZERO PROBLEMS. NOT ONLY THAT BUT THE GUY KNOWS HOW TO THROW A TUNE ON A BOW AS WELL.

Ray is retired no longer build strings talked to him about 2 months ago and he told me he sold off everything including his string making material and equipment. I use Viscosity strings now 1 year warranty and I put a set on my 82nd no peep rotation nothing. I was real happy threw the peep and went to shooting. Here is the number Viscosity Bowstrings 978 204 0878

Winners choice makes some of the best strings out there, I think it is highly unlikely that the problem is with the strings. I would take it into PSE and see if they will waranty the bow

Ray is retired no longer build strings talked to him about 2 months ago and he told me he sold off everything including his string making material and equipment. I use Viscosity strings now 1 year warranty and I put a set on my 82nd no peep rotation nothing. I was real happy threw the peep and went to shooting. Here is the number Viscosity Bowstrings 978 204 0878

HMMM...that is a little upsetting :( he is a good bow technician. Do you know if he practiced under Ray when he was in business? By the way, was it about the same price? Ray was half the price of the winners choice.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I know a couple guys shooting the bow that haven't experinced that. PSE claims its customer service is the best, so I would give them a call and see what they can come up with. I know both my buddies have had different problems with theres and each had to send in their bows, but got them fixed. Good luck.

HMMM...that is a little upsetting :( he is a good bow technician. Do you know if he practiced under Ray when he was in business? By the way, was it about the same price? Ray was half the price of the winners choice.

Sorry but Viscosity strings is back east... There was a guy that Ray help mentor I guess one can say. He makes strings and from what I heard they are pretty darn good but he lives in Colorado. I forget the name of the strings, if you want I can find out! Winner choice are overrated and to expensive you can get better strings for around 65 dollars and for a few dollars more you can get Halo serving done as well. I know Bucknasty strings have halo serving on request. The strings I had made were made under 400-500 lbs of pressure and guranteed no peep rotation or serving seperation!

Where can I get a set of bucknasty strings? I have heard they were good strings but I dont have any contact info. Thanks, and didnt mean to hijack the thread :ph34r:

I used to shoot a PSE Nova and I had the same problem. It turned out that my top limb was slightly twisted causeing the string to fray in less than 100 shots. Sent it back to PSE and in two weeks I had a brand new bow delivered at no cost except the $15.00 shipping charge. They have the best customer service, at least that has been my experience. Check the limbs. Even the slightest twist that you may not even be able to see may be causing your problem. I would let the one of the techs at PSE take a look at it. Good luck and let us know what you come up with. -Tracy