Sign in to follow this  
anthonyrmatthews

36C Scare!

Great stories. Any one care to give a location to where you were located when you encountered illegals? I was in 36c this weekend somewhat close to ElkHorn Ranch. I saw plenty of sign from illegals but no actual sightings. Any one seen illegals in this area?

I was sitting and glassing in November on the Elk horn, kinda south west of the ranch house when 15 illegales walked right infront of me, and 5 behind me. I called BP and within 5 minutes the blackhawk was there and out came a BORSTAR agent... got him on the trail and off he went. he got the ones that went infront of me. Later in the day, a woman agent had the other 5 picked up right near camp.

I should be going to the academy soon. Hopefully I can help stop that! :D

I'm starting to like the long range shooter now. Go get em Casey! ;)

TJ

92 in one group, 12 in a nother, and 8 more later

Called BP and they gave them a good chase. I think they caught a few of them...

Elk horn road is one of the hottest areas in southern az... They are crossing on the indian reservation and then hiking over the mountains by deadmans pass and brown canyon to head towards Tucson.

I brought this up out of the archives...I didn't hunt deer down there last year because I was still nervous about this whole situation. This year I put in for a Dec. tag down there and got it! I do have my brothers going with me and will have a sidearm at my side. I am hoping to not run into this kind of situation again, and will be watching my back as I go into some of these same places. I hope to have a great hunt with both of my brothers and their best friend having the same tag!

Guest 300ultramag.

great... hope you find a good deer.. and most importantly.. enjoy your hunt.. thats a good tag.. how long you spend down there?

I just read this Bro that was a crazy time for sure! Your bro Mike Can't wait hope we all get a nice one this year! Don't worry we'll all be strapped this year ready for fun times.

Time to save the cash and get a thermal imaging camera or scope just to keep tabs on forward scouts. My hats off to you for keeping hunting alive down south, good luck this year.

I have seen illegal activity in all of the units. Especially in December make sure you don't put in for those hunts so I can go back after a very scary encounter with the drug smugglers and hunt during the rut. It could be very dangerous for you to hunt here so don't put in for these hunts.