COOSEFAN

Here's one reason why they are rarely seen.....

I took this picture this morning and was amazed at how well these darn things blend in to their surroundings!!!

Imagine glassing for a bedded Coues in the middle of the day and you pass over this spot..............would you have seen it?

WTLioncanyouseeit.jpg

I'll post a story and pic's of todays "wild ride" later after I get all my cuts, bruises and blisters bandaged up! Thanks, JIM>

That is an awesome picture, thanks for sharing.

Jim-

Was there another one close bye??

Yes dangit........and that is one of the reasons this one is still alive! I'll fill ya in when I can round up all the pic's.....plus I'm serious about bandaging up my battle scars :( That mtn. range is BRUTAL!

Jim-

Was there another one close bye??

Yes dangit........and that is one of the reasons this one is still alive! I'll fill ya in when I can round up all the pic's.....plus I'm serious about bandaging up my battle scars :( That mtn. range is BRUTAL!

Yep last time I was there I was a sore mutha! Next time I need to stay the night there rather than try to do it in a day.

Those lions were way west of were I think you are 2-3 weeks ago.

You know maybe we should grab Gino and a couple other guy's and do a weekend trip and see what we see.

OMG dude!!!! You're killing me :blink: Story...Story.... it's like waitin to see if ya wife-girlfriend is pregnant :lol: . Hope ya doing fine but by the looks of that terrain bet you've a heck of story. Just think... at these there weren't any snakes around.

Ernest

OMG dude!!!! You're killing me :blink: Story...Story.... it's like waitin to see if ya wife-girlfriend is pregnant :lol: . Hope ya doing fine but by the looks of that terrain bet you've a heck of story. Just think... at these there weren't any snakes around.

Ernest

I was up in 20-c a couple of weeks ago and someone killed a rattler out sunning itself and the temps were butt cold.

Alright.....I'll still post a story and pic's later, but this was a smaller cat so we took our time with it, letting the dogs enjoy the moment and gain some experience. It jumped several times but the dogs did a great job and stayed on it. We wanted our buddy to catch up to us so he could see the cat but the cat wouldn't stay put and we eventually lost the trial as it got mixed up with another lion that my bro n' law had caught last week. These two cats have been running together and have been seen by quite a few people lately. It got hot fast and we gave all our water to the dogs so we all got burnt out fast today, finally making it back to the trucks by 3:00pm. Beaten up and bruised, but it was a successful day! JIM>

Man, good to hear. I thought maybe ya were in some sort of fist de cuffs with a Puma concolor :lol: One of these days I'm going to do a lion hunt. I have a pelt and skull already from a witnessed road kill and it was super fresh none the least but a real lion take down would be in my dreams.

"I was up in 20-c a couple of weeks ago and someone killed a rattler out sunning itself and the temps were butt cold." Doh! must of been an Az black.

When I first seen the pics of the rocks and with Jim posting I thought snake first.