stalkincoues

***SOLD*** Savage 116 Lightweight hunter hydro dipped Kuiu camo (price drop)

Why haven’t you shot it? Is it new? Would love to see a before and after group. Can’t do a before group though lol. Just curious to see if all the work resulted in better groups and at what distance. Good luck with the sale. Nice gun.

On 10/12/2018 at 6:10 PM, muledeerarea33? said:

Why haven’t you shot it? Is it new? Would love to see a before and after group. Can’t do a before group though lol. Just curious to see if all the work resulted in better groups and at what distance. Good luck with the sale. Nice gun.

Yes the gun is new and I’ve never fired it.  I bought it new but my plans have changed.  I also have a .260 savage LWH that shoots great and ballistacally is very close to this .270.  If I didn’t already have another LWH I’d be keeping this one, it’s a sweet little good looking rifle. 

Ive been dying to shoot it but wanted the buyer to get a shot at the Precision ammo I have for it. I may just throw a scope on it and shoot it next time I go out.  

Alright I’ve shot this 3 times now to see how it does.  Been breaking the barrel in slowly and cleaning frequently.  I now have a total of 35 rounds through the rifle.  Each group has been improving and is now approx. 1/2” moa @ 100 yards.

Group on top was the last 3 I shot, 3rd shot I shot off my collar bone otherwise probably would’ve been a much better group.  Showing good accuracy.  Will clean again and shoot next time I go out till I run out of ammo.  Fun little gun.  May get a wild hair, chrono it and shoot at some distance for fun.  

A9474B08-C6F2-4FE2-A506-996C7C408E2F.jpeg

3624D511-2689-4EFA-B9B5-9B54BB6E92A8.jpeg