11hunter11

Here kitty kitty kitty!!!

Here is a picture of a lion from this year. We were scouting for rocky mtn sheep and we were glassing from a road. We would have to move every so often to see through the pines. On one of my moves I caught movement down below me about a 100yds. At first glance I thought it was a deer coming up then I saw his head and knew right away what it was. This is the first time I thought a lion might be stalking me. My buddy was maybe 75 yds away I yelled at him to come check ou this lion. He thought I was kidding him. The lion gave me enough time to walk back to the truck get my camera and get some picture's. He wasnt scared of us. He even moved closer. I glassed another lion in Mexico this year that made #17.

Chucksrockyhunt002.jpg

Congrats on seeing a Lion! It's always a rush when you first realize there's a Lion in your feild of veiw! I've been very fortunate in finding Lions, but alot of it has to do with how I hunt and where I hunt. If you spend alot of time on the SC Rez you will eventually see one and between Bear hunts and Duck hunts I've seen 9 lions in one year on the Rez. Last Nov. on the late Elk hunt I watched a female Lion as she carried one of her kittens down a rocky slope while the other kitten was trying his best to follow her! That was incredilbe to see! Matter of fact, there's a few lions right near my house that keep scaring off hikers...........one of em' might get an arrow in it this Friday ;) ! I'll keep ya posted......JIM>

Well........I didn't get an arrow in em' today, but had the opportunity! I'll post pic's shortly. JIM>