11hunter11

Here kitty kitty kitty!!!

Saw my first cat in 23 on saturday. Glassing for a coues i saw a small white spot almost a mile away so i staired at it for about 5 min. and then it shook its head and stood up. HOOOOOLLLLLY S%#@* its a cat. I ran back to the truck and called my buddy that was fishing a turny at roosy (he has a tag) and it took him 45 mins to get where i was but by then it was too far away. When watching the cat i then found out what hunting experts they really are, he would walk 10 steps, stop behind a bush and sit for 3-4 min. and then do it all over agian.AMAZING animals. While we were glassing a sheriff pulled up and we started talking to him and come to find out he is going on a lion hunt on Wednessday, the cat should still be around that area being that it seemed he new exactly where he was going. The lion had about a 6 foot tail and had the body size of a big mule deer. Dont know if thats big but its big to me....This was just an awsome thing to see so i thought i would share.

Stalker, I know just how you felt. It has been a few years since my last cat sighting and it is a rare moment that most never get the opportunity to witness. I have been very lucky with 11 sightings and the wife has seen 4. I swear I could feel your excitement in the thread. Thanks for pumping me up and sharing that with us.

TJ

Thats awesome. I've been hunting az my entire life and have yet to see a cat.

Thats waesome. I've been hunting az my entire life and have yet to see a cat.

Ditto . . . but what gets me going is how many cats have seen me!

Cool thing for you to see one, and from a safe distance.

Your size estimate sounds somewhat larger than likely though. If it is anywhere near that large it would be a HUGE cat.

I have yet to see a cat either... spent a lot of time out in the wild and have yet to see one! I've seen their tracks though so i'm sure they have seen me.

I glassed up two lions a few Sundays ago, a huge tom and a female. Observed the same hunting styles you noted.

I have a tag a storm came in before I could get them called in. That is way to freaky to be blowing on a call with only a bow in your hand and two lions on the way in.... I questioned my sanity quite a few times. The Strom rolled in and fogged us in that I could only see 15yds. I opted to not make my wife a widow and backed out as it was turning dark anyways. It was an awesome rush though. Glassed them up twice while moving closer to them probably for about a combined 45mins I got to watch them.

That makes #8 and #9 lions I've seen in my lifetime. They are majestic and I can not wait to tag one some day.

cmc

lancemtnlion.jpg

I called this lion into 5' with a predator call. My good hunting buddy who was 20 yds to my right shot him at 15 yds. I actuall saw the arrow exit the cat, amazing sight at 5' (i forgot to mention the part about having to wipe, after that one)

This was the 12th lion I saw that year.

Wow thats amazing to have a cat so close. And 12 this year? Awesome. Congrats on a nice cat and a very memorable hunt.

Congrats on seeing a Lion! It's always a rush when you first realize there's a Lion in your feild of veiw! I've been very fortunate in finding Lions, but alot of it has to do with how I hunt and where I hunt. If you spend alot of time on the SC Rez you will eventually see one and between Bear hunts and Duck hunts I've seen 9 lions in one year on the Rez. Last Nov. on the late Elk hunt I watched a female Lion as she carried one of her kittens down a rocky slope while the other kitten was trying his best to follow her! That was incredilbe to see! Matter of fact, there's a few lions right near my house that keep scaring off hikers...........one of em' might get an arrow in it this Friday ;) ! I'll keep ya posted......JIM>

Congrats on seeing the lion. Jim is right on with the SC rez. I have seen many over the years but seen 6 in two season on the rez. We seen two this year in Mexico.

I got a coule trail cam pics of one last year & we (the GF & I) glassed up our first one in the first week of Jan in 24B. It was about 800 yards out, but was still awesome to see one in the wild. I know exactly what you mean!

Congrats on seeing a Lion! It's always a rush when you first realize there's a Lion in your feild of veiw! I've been very fortunate in finding Lions, but alot of it has to do with how I hunt and where I hunt. If you spend alot of time on the SC Rez you will eventually see one and between Bear hunts and Duck hunts I've seen 9 lions in one year on the Rez. Last Nov. on the late Elk hunt I watched a female Lion as she carried one of her kittens down a rocky slope while the other kitten was trying his best to follow her! That was incredilbe to see! Matter of fact, there's a few lions right near my house that keep scaring off hikers...........one of em' might get an arrow in it this Friday ;) ! I'll keep ya posted......JIM>

Jim I think I know where you are talking about . I know a guy who glassed 2 of them up a couple of weeks ago.

Good luck!