Sign in to follow this  
Northern Pintail

When to buy Point Guard

Tom is a great dude. My dad donated the last week of his archery tag last year and Tom made it a painless process.

• Like 1

Tom is a great dude. My dad donated the last week of his archery tag last year and Tom made it a painless process.

There is a great point here. His father offered his tag on Thursday AFTER the first week of the hunt. On the same day AzDiamondHeat's Wife offered her tag in 4B. Veterans went hunting on both tags. I was already in 4B just goofing off and told Tom send me a vet, I already have camp and everything else covered. Within a little over 24 hours from the time the tag was offered to donate on CWT Tom had a veteran from Sierra Vista meet me and we were elk hunting. Do not feel because the hunt is already on it is to late to donate a tag. Get in contact with Tom and see if he can put the remainder of the time on the tag to good use.

here is something I think all of us should consider if we are in the max point range for any species.

buy point guard, donate the tag to Hunts for Heroes, Wounded Warriors, OE4A, etc and get your points back and then draw the same tag the next year and go hunt.

I did this last year on my goulds turkey hunt and again on my Dec WT tag.

sure you are having to wait an additional year but you are providing a great opportunity for deserving people who probably would not be able to participate in a high quality hunt.

• Like 3

I hate the poortal shoot. no need for it............BOB!

You should be able to put in Your social and thats it. They like to waste $.........BOB!

here is something I think all of us should consider if we are in the max point range for any species.

buy point guard, donate the tag to Hunts for Heroes, Wounded Warriors, OE4A, etc and get your points back and then draw the same tag the next year and go hunt.

I did this last year on my goulds turkey hunt and again on my Dec WT tag.

sure you are having to wait an additional year but you are providing a great opportunity for deserving people who probably would not be able to participate in a high quality hunt.

While this does sound like a good idea you do run he risk of drawing the tag the next year and can't use point guard twice. So if you can't make the hunt you are screwed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, you can use Point Guard just once per specie; so the next (2nd) time you draw the tag it's yours and you must use it that season.

Life has unknown risks --- you pays your money and takes your chances ...

SunDevil, just wanted to say you're a stand-up guy with your idea. Well played!