Sign in to follow this  
mwbugleboy

11M

Hey Folks,

I was fortunate enough to draw an 11M archery tag as a non-res. I am super jacked! This is my first AZ tag. I have done some preliminary research and helped on a 6a hunt a couple years ago so I have some familiarity with the area. I know it's not really possible to get away from people but there were definite pockets in 6a where there was less competition. Looking at the maps there appear to be a few areas to get creative in 11m. Are there elk across the entire unit? I understand information is not something that is just handed out---in trade, I know some killer spots in KS if a guy wanted to go chase some whitey's around.PM's welcome.

Thank you!

Being so close to flag any real giant bulls will be well known and will have alot of guys on him. I have helped with one hunt and I felt like we were in a foot chase at day light the 3 days I helped. With that said mid week the pressure will lift up somewhat and if the rut is strong you will be able to get on bulls.

Congrats on a great tag! 11m is great because these elk never see a rifle hunt.

All 11m is elk country. A1 mountain, walnut canyon, cosnino, around Forrest highlands, timberline are all good starting points.

• Like 1

One thing about 11M is you should plan on being mobile. Those elk change on a dime, so setting up camp and concentrating on one area will limit you. It's not a real big unit, so being somewhat mobile shouldn't be an issue.

My brother and I drew the late hunt in 11m this year. Hoping its like other years with the rut really geting fired up in late Sept/early Oct.