Sign in to follow this  
Azarchery

2007 December Coues

This is my second coues deer hunt and it is a success! My first buck. I could not ask for a better time hunting with the boys. I couldn't get the opportunity to hunt until the 21st of December, it was nerve wrecking waiting to be done with work and haul out of the city. We got to hunt couple of days before and after Christmas. My brother (elkhunter), my dad and I glassed up some 90, 100 and 110 bucks pretty far out and got the opportunity to get closer but the bucks were rutting and running all around and over the mountain. Time was getting closer so we decided to go after this small 3x3 that I passed on the first day of hunting. We saw a spike, my brother encouraged me to shoot it while the sun was setting. I decided to glass more for that 3x3 buck and found it with two other spikes. My dad and I had 30 minutes left and we went after it. I got an opportunity to shoot but the buck went over the hill so we ran over to the other side and saw this buck standing 150 yards looking straight at us and I took a shot. Hit dead center and it dropped on the spot. It was a tough hunt and now we know of quite a few 100 inchers and we’ll get em next fall. Here are some pictures of the buck.

The pics pas poor color quality, I had to use the scanner.

Me and my buck

Stacydeer2.jpg

Me, Elkhunter, and Dad

Stacydeer1.jpg

Good job Stacy, you earned this buck, you walked long and hard, did your scouting and shot well over 100 rounds practicing, you're a die hard hunter

see ya around the house and boil the skull soon

congrats on your first...you will always remember that.

Tyler, you have had a fantastic year with your deer and helping many others tag out. Congrats on a huge year, make next years even better

Nice Buck!! Good thing you passed up on the spike I allowed a buddy to talk me into shooting one last year, my first buck, but I hate that I didn't try harder last year. Good job:)

Congrats! Very nice! ;)