GameHauler

Adding Turrets to your scope

Mike, I have the J107 and my gun with my 50mm scope with extra high rings fits in the scabbard. it is a snug fit, but it fits!

Casey I have a J105 do you know if there is any diff. in the scabbards

There is none.

Ok, I need new rings.

Lets talk about good ones that won't break the bank.

I am pretty sure that any scope I get will have a 1" tube.

Mike

That is real good looking stock you got, how much did that set you back? Thinking of replacing my stock on my 257 wby.

Mike

I got it off eBay for under $200.00

I was going to get a Boyds thumb hole

but kept getting out bid.

There is a guy who lists the Boyds stocks on there all the time

Might want to take a look.

They go for $170.00 to 220.00 for the Rem 700

Here is a link for Boyds.

Mike

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/

Isn't there a big advantage to keeping your scope as low and close to the barrel as possible, especially with long range shooting?

Yes, there is an advantage but there is also an advantage to having a scope with a larger objective lens to let in more light so you can see your target. Although with all the ballistics programs available it's not as big a deal anymore.

It's just a trade off of what is more important to you for a given hunting situation.

I would like to keep the scope low for a couple reasons

but it I can't see thru it I have to do something.

I may sand the stock down but don't want to..

Mike

Mike, I have the J107 and my gun with my 50mm scope with extra high rings fits in the scabbard. it is a snug fit, but it fits!

Casey I have a J105 do you know if there is any diff. in the scabbards

There is none.

Casey,

How do you like that pack....? Is it worth the $$$$?? Have you packed meat and all your gear with it?? If so, was there plenty of room??

Thanks.

G

Gino, I got mine for free, i scouted an area for a guy and found some bucks, he bought me the pack.

I love it. The shoulder harnesses could use a little more padding, but it is very comfortable. I have put from the last rib forward of two deer in it as well as all of my gear and love it. When I am hiking, it makes my 40 lb or so of stuff seem like its not even there. Well worth it!

Gino, I got mine for free, i scouted an area for a guy and found some bucks, he bought me the pack.

I love it. The shoulder harnesses could use a little more padding, but it is very comfortable. I have put from the last rib forward of two deer in it as well as all of my gear and love it. When I am hiking, it makes my 40 lb or so of stuff seem like its not even there. Well worth it!

Thanks, Casey.

Do the shoulder straps "cut on you" under heavy weight???

G

I never felt like the shoulder straps did not have enough padding

even while packing out Linneas elk.

Maybe Casey feels that way because his belly is bigger than his hips

and he can not carry the weight on his hips like you should :huh:

:P Mike

I never felt like the shoulder straps did not have enough padding

even while packing out Linneas elk.

Maybe Casey feels that way because his belly is bigger than his hips

and he can not carry the weight on his hips like you should :huh:

:P Mike

Bah HahaHaHaHaHA.... You just called Casey FAT!!!! LMAO!!! :lol: :lol:

But seriously, Mike..... You didn't pack enough weight on the trip out with Linnea's bull for it to answer my question. :blink: :rolleyes: :o :lol: :P ;) :P

However, I still do Highly value your input. ;)

LOL! :lol:

G

I did not call Casey Fat

All I said was that he has a dickiedo

;)

Ha HA..... He has one or IS one?????? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Yes, there is an advantage but there is also an advantage to having a scope with a larger objective lens to let in more light so you can see your target. Although with all the ballistics programs available it's not as big a deal anymore.

It's just a trade off of what is more important to you for a given hunting situation.

That's one of the reasons i got that Leupold VXL - that cut out of the bottom lets me mount a 56mm scope as low as a 40mm scope, and lets as much light in as a 52mm scope. Field of view is unaffected and is 56mm. Best of both worlds. ;)

Thanks, Casey.

Do the shoulder straps "cut on you" under heavy weight???

G

Gino,

I have the J104, and i have never thought that it needed any more padding... It's got plenty in my opinion. The straps do not "cut" whatsoever (still laughing at Mikes theory, :lol: LOL). Very comfortable pack and well worth the money. It can carry a really heavy load exceptionally well.