firstcoueswas80

Shortest deer hunt ever

Yep! BBD 15 minutes into the hunt!

Saturday morning, my dad (Mick) my moms boss (Fred) and my self ( Coues killer ) woke up to go find Fred a buck. Well, it was extremly cozy in the trailer and 16 degress outside, so we over slept. We got to out our glassing point which is where I glassed up AzpackNhorns buck at about 8:30. I picked up my Leicas for a quick scan and found some deer! I threw them on my tripod and all I could see was horns! So Fred and myself threw on our packs and away we went! The buck was working his way down a finger, munching on barrel cactus on the way. We got to where I wanted to get and spotted the buck! At the same time that I saw him, he saw me and started off up the ridge. He wasn't spooked, but wasnt hanging around to see what we wanted. I ranged him at 335 trotting. Fred shot and missed low! Up the hill the buck went and fred shot again, JUST infront of him. The buck made it up to the base of the rimrock and I stopped him with a grunt in the best shooting lane possible! I told Fred to shoot him like he was 400 yards and down went the buck! The time was 8:42!!! Twelve minutes into Freds hunt we have a big buck down!

Fred was shooting a 7Mag with 160 TSX and DUMPED this buck!

Here are a few pictures!

BTW, this makes us 3/3!

Nice bucks guys. Way to go 3 for 3! ;)

Good job on your bucks boys! I would have a better time judging that buck if he would let go of those ears in the frontal pic's!

I will say he's 88 5/8" ;) ......... unless Casey scores em', then I'll have to change my guess to 98 5/8" :P

Congrats on a great buck! JIM>

Nice buck..... 90"ish.........maybe, a bit less. Nice job!

Casey,

Nice to see you smiling again!!! BTW..... I noticed tha deer field photos are much more "complete" when you do the finding, and not the shooting. ;) :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :P

CnS

Casey, you know Gino's comment is funny as heck.....but i won't bring it up, sorry :ph34r: :P

Yeah, that pic is better for judgin'...at least for me. I will say that buck is ......... 1 inch from 90" ( + or - ) ;) but I'll still stick with my original guess at just under.

Nice buck..... 90"ish.........maybe, a bit less. Nice job!

Casey,

Nice to see you smiling again!!! BTW..... I noticed tha deer field photos are much more "complete" when you do the finding, and not the shooting. ;) :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :P

CnS

Very funny Gino!

Jim, why you gotta take his side?

Man, I dont know how you guys are guessing 90". to me he looks like a freakin hog! Especially in the pictures!

Casey, you know Gino's comment is funny as heck.....but i won't bring it up, sorry :ph34r: :P

Yeah, that pic is better for judgin'...at least for me. I will say that buck is ......... 1 inch from 90" ( + or - ) ;) but I'll still stick with my original guess at just under.

Jim, could you pull the smile or face off of one of these pictures and edit them into his hunt posts.

Please ;)