http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071220/ap_on_...o/congress_guns

Is it just me or has this country completely lost what was once known as common sense, apparently it just isn't to common anymore. This mentally unstable person would never have killed nobody if he couldn't purchase a gun legally, right. They should have included that if you were affiliated with a gang you couldn't purchase a gun either, how did they miss that, would have stopped a lot more crimes. While were at it making these great laws, they ought to give you a test before you can purchase a gun.

Question 1. Would you ever shoot someone in self defense or to defend your family _ yes _no .

if you answered yes to question one turn in your test you fail, erase marks are automatic failure.

Question 2. Would you ever use a gun to defend your country_yes_no.

If you answered yes to this question turn in test you fail.

Question 3. Would you ever shoot at a cop if they were trying to bust up your meth lab _yes_maybe_no.

We allowed three answers for this question since it can be very stressful when government officials are trying to force you to obey the law, and there are lots of exceptions to this rule.

If you are in the Americans With No Abilities Program you are not required to take this test since it would cause you undue grief.

I am sure there are a lot of questions that could be included, add as needed.

The real truth is that if people were allowed to carry guns on campus it is very possible that someone with a gun could have shot and stopped this crazy dude before he killed as many people as he did.

Ths answer is not tougher laws against guns, it is encouraging more people to have them and to be prepared to use them for their own protection.

Never mind. The Virginia Tech law is dead. I understand Pres. Bush let it die with a pocket veto, not having the guts to veto it outright. But in my humble opinion, it was a good law as I don't believe criminals and crazies should be allowed to buy guns over the counter or, for that matter, at gun shows, etc.. Even if all the students at Va Tech had been armed, the nut would probably have surprised and killed a few before he was taken out. Jack

Isn't there already laws to keep criminals from buying guns, the truth is that they will get a gun if they want a gun wether they beg, borrow, or steal. If there is a new law what does that do, allow them to put one more charge against the idiots, we have you on three counts of murder one, oh yeah we also have you on illegally purchasing a weapon. If they would kill murderers, rapist, and child molestors some of these idiots would think twice before doing these crimes. Curmudgeon a few dead is bad, but if it saves one life it is worth it.

There was a man in Texas recently that shot two thieves coming out of his neighbors house with stolen property, he was on the phone with 911, when the thugs came out of the house he shot them dead, I pray this man does not see one day in jail for this, but when you listen to the liberal media it is all about (the victims and their families), in other words the crooks, they think this man should be on trial for first degree murder, pre-meditated since he told the 911 operator that he will shoot them if the police don't get there before they come out. Pre-meditated, I wonder if they can get the crooks as accessories to murder since they were robbing the house and caused him to have to plan to shoot them, no matter what thank goodness he didn't just wound them or they would be suing him, but I am sure the families of these lowlifes will do that.

God help us in a day when animals are more important than humans, and crooks are victims to a law abiding society.

Last time I heard, there were 55,000 laws on the books that prohibited some sort of action with a firearm. We don't need more laws on the books, just some of these enforced.

Aside from that, laws will only keep 'honest people honest'. If he wanted a gun, he would have got one by either borrowing it or stealing it.

Enforcing the existing law seems to be a problem for lots of hot topics right now. Make it a law that all schools need to have armed students and staff.

I fully believe if a lot more people carried guns, Criminals would premeditate about NOT doing the crime for fear of their own injury.

Schools in general are into fully wussifying students so for a nutjob or evil person, that is the first place to go and create terror with little worry of any resistance. Students need to be educated to think for themselves in cases like this and less injury will likely take place.

Think about society being wussified and the impact it had on 9/11. Now, after seeing what happened, would any one of us not put up a fight in an attempted terrorist takeover?

Here's a couple of examples of society being wussified.

My kids grade school won't allow the kids to play tag at recess. Too many kids get hurt!!!

My home owners insurance won't allow us to have a trampoline. Too many kids get hurt!!!

i vote for wepons training at schools!!!!

i am starting to think schools want us dead! we have lock downs to "protect" us from "the bad guy with the gun" that just makes it a faster slater for him!!!! SCHOOLS MAKE PPL STUPID!!!! we dont need more idiots out there!!!!!

just my opinon!!!!

Yeah, Lock downs really work don't they!

There should be firearms available to any faculty that has passed suitable training. Just knowing this would cause criminals to have second thoughts about using a school as hostage central.