Sign in to follow this  
Beaton

Any success on the 6a muzzeloader hunt?

A student of mine harvested a muzzy cow, said it was a hard hunt locating them in the pines, as warm as it has been not many elk has moved to lower country yet. Water seemed to be the key. They saw several bulls but struggled finding cows.

Wife and i had tags in 6A muzzy hunt ,had cow and bull tags she got hers on Sat and i shot mine on Sunday was an Amazing hunt ! got up there 3 days early to scout Bulls everywhere largest herd was 12 bulls ,rained first day plenty of bulls couldnt get close enough day 2 wife shows up watch herd of 20 come down of mountain got in close she got her cow spent day packing out day 3 same heard came off hill but grew to about 60 took off got in front of herd waited til they came in had trouble with muzzleloader but was able to put down a spike was alotta fun enjoy !!

• Like 1

Sounds awesome. I don't want info but we're you high or low in the unit. I'm not an e scouter. I just don't think the elk have moved down yet.

sent msg

• Like 1

Good luck all I will be helping a buddy out during the late hunt. This is his first elk hunt and he is all jacked.

I am heading out this afternoon to help a friend and his son on a hunt. We are really hoping we can get his son on something decent. I am loving the cooler weather. Especially after my coues hunt where it was in the 80's every day.

• Like 1

I hunted the one that ended Thanksgiving. I was only able to hunt 1 evening and 1 morning and was almost a success it was THAAAAAAAAT CLOSE. L.O.L. water water water was the trick and elk were still in September hunt area I'm used to hunting early archery. Things might be changing drastically as far as temperature. I was in full blown pine elevation. Good luck!

If there is not a lot of snow the elk will be all over the unit. The late hunt will have elk spread from north to south especially since it is so warm and tanks are full.