Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

I NEED a new rifle

Now that I have got my new scope, I want to get a rifle that I can carry all day and still have enought power to shoot a deer 500 yards out, and sit out at the range and shoot for a couple hours without killing my shoulder. Now my biggest obstical is that I am left handed. I really wanted to get a .243wssm, but nobody makes one for a lefty. So then I turned to a 25.06. It seemed to have about the same ballistic figures as the .243wssm. So I found the Tikka T3 lite, but was told at Sportsmans Warehouse that Beretta is only importing the .270, 30.06, and the .308 in the lefty. I also looked at the Savage Weather models. I would like to do a bolt gun this time instead of a single shot. Any ideas? David

I have a lefty Weather Warrior. It's nothing fancy but it is accurate.

Browning / Winchester don't make a LH WSSM?

Maybe you can get a .257 Weatherby in LH?

A regular ol' .270 or 7mag will kill a deer at 500 yards and ammo is much easier to find anc cheaper.

Ruger used to chamber 25-06 in the model 77, not sure if they still do. I've got a Savage 110 30-06 that will drive tacks but my wife took it away from me. Moral of the story, don't let your wife borrow your guns!

Being left handed is quite a handicap when it comes to gun purchases. I've always wanted a .257 Weatherby but I'd have to have it built because Weatherby doesn't make left handed actions. :(

Kevin

I have a Ruger MarkII 7 Mag for sale, but it's not a lefty. It is deadly accurate well beyond 500 yards if needed. If you can't find a lefty and start looking elsewhere, shoot me a PM and we can talk. I will give you a great deal, since it just sits in my safe.

Good luck in your search.

I already have a Browning Stalker in a .300 win mag, and 7mm mag. I am actually selling the 7mm right now. Browning makes a .270, but I don't know if I want that much gun. The weatherbys are out of the pick since it costs so much for the ammo. I also want stay around 100-130 grain for my bullet weight, and over 3000fps out of the barrel. David

Ruger used to chamber 25-06 in the model 77, not sure if they still do. I've got a Savage 110 30-06 that will drive tacks but my wife took it away from me. Moral of the story, don't let your wife borrow your guns!

Being left handed is quite a handicap when it comes to gun purchases. I've always wanted a .257 Weatherby but I'd have to have it built because Weatherby doesn't make left handed actions. :(

Kevin

http://www.weatherby.com/products/guns.asp...code=AMM300WL6O

does kimber make their montana in left hand? do they chamber it in 25-06? if so, this would be a great combination based on the criteria you have listed.

look on gunsamerica - you can find most everything out there.

David, good luck finding a rifle, it is always fun to get to buy a new weapon. I bought a Savage weather warrior model with the synthetic stock and stainless barrel and love it. I was looking for the same type of ballistics as you are and i decided on the 270 wsm. so far i love it, shoots very well at long range. I also like savages new accutrigger. i think it helps me be more accurate as i know exactly when it will fire. If you get back up to camp verde i would not mind you taken it out to shoot. i dont know if they make it in left hand.

darren

The Ruger Hawkeye is available in 25-06 left-handed.

http://ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdResults?fu...&type=Rifle

Remington lefty offerings in 700 CDL

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms...del_700_CDL.asp

Browning A-Bolt Micro Hunter is available in smaller cartidges like the 7-08

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/f...amp;type_id=026

Savage has lefties

http://www.savagearms.com/centerfire_home.htm

DesertBull,

May a flea from a thousand camels infest your armpits!!!! (My wifes curse for you when I showed her the link). I'd given up hope now you went and posted the Weatherby link. I'll admit I hadn't looked at Weatherby's web site recently but in June I had a FFL holding friend of mine try to find one. He reported that they did not make a left hand bolt. Maybe he didn't look into the high end Weatherby.

I thank you for the info, my wife---not so much.

Kevin

Darren, I was actually looking at the Savage website last night and saw the lefty 270wsm. TLH says he really likes that caliber, and is a good shooter. Thanks Doug for all of the links. I like the Ruger and Browning, except for the wood stock. I prefer the synthetic over wood, even though the wood looks better. David