Sign in to follow this  
Mathews

16D NM bull not recovered

My hunter wounded a giant his first evening and with no blood we haven't found it yet. If anyone sees or hears of a bull found with big turn down G1 and a G5 that lays flat with the main beam we'd love to get it back.

I kind of hate to say this but watch for circling vultures or buzzards. They might show you where it's at.

• Like 1

I call that the spot just above the lungs --- no mans zone - a big void good luck

did you recover the arrow ?

I hate that thought after a shot--

"TOO HIGH" it happens and it can haunt you - no fun

The "void" is real. I was skeptical for years until I witnessed it. One of my best friends hit a giant buck (210"+ south of the ditch). Looked for days. Gave me the whole "hit him in the void" story. Didn't buy it. The next year i saw the same buck in the same place with a scar pretty tight to the shoulder and just below the spine. Not too many 34-36" wide bucks in that area. For sure the same one

• Like 3

I call that the spot just above the lungs --- no mans zone - a big void good luck

did you recover the arrow ?

I hate that thought after a shot--

"TOO HIGH" it happens and it can haunt you - no fun

That's what we're afraid of, but he had a very distinct bugle and we haven't seen or heard him since. Hunting and actively looking for crows at this point. Such a bummer..