Sign in to follow this  
mikaele

3C Doing Great

I've been out every morning the last 8-10 days and 3C is really heating up. The temps dropped and a few storms have rolled through the last couple of days and it really got the bugling going. I was hearing a lot of bugling on the 300 road last week, but it's everywhere now. Good luck to all those elk hunting, I'm jealous as the rut should be in full swing tomorrow. PM me if you're hunting 3C solo and need someone to call for you.

• Like 4

Good to hear that and I see that it is going to be cooling down for the hunt too. I haven't had a tag in almost 5 years and nothing agin this year but I only put in for bull hunts. I'll be camping at Woods Canyon with my son (4A?) and hope to hear some bugles and might find some time to scout for turkey in 22.

Be careful driving if you're towing a rig, the wind is howling up here today. There have already been 2 accidents on 260, one looked like a travel trailer was destroyed.

• Like 1

I will be tenting it at the lake and heading up from Mesa about 12:30 so we won't be on the rim until about 2 but thanks for the heads up. It is pretty windy down here today too, plan is to maybe head to Casa Ramos for lunch Saturday. I was bummed out they closed the one in Mesa.

This wind SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortunately my wife forgot shoes so we won' t have to hunt in the wind in the morning.

It's the little things that make me thankful......lol

• Like 6

Guest akaspecials

Wind is terrible in 4a. Watched a bull bugling at 200 yards but couldn't hear him because it was so windy. Should be a lot calmer tomorrow.

Wind is terrible in 4a. Watched a bull bugling at 200 yards but couldn't hear him because it was so windy. Should be a lot calmer tomorrow.

Same news here in 4b...