Sign in to follow this  
twigsnapper

How many days are you archery elk hunting for??

How many days are you planning to archery elk hunting for??  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How many days are you planning to archery elk hunting for??

If needed, I'll be staying the whole hunt. It takes to freaking long to get an archery bull tag these days, so I am going to make the most of it. If I break it down, its only 2 days gone per year that I did not draw!

I'll be there for the full duration. Will need to come back home at least one day during the week, but other than that, plan on hunting hard for 2 weeks.

I agree Flatlander. But we are not the typical hunters here on the site. Most average Joe's will be heading back home after a few days hunting.

• Like 1

I leave tomorrow and have no plans to return until the hunt is complete.

It's amazing to see how many folks take the whole hunt off these days. As a kid I can remember the woods being empty during the week.

They still will be for the most part

I am hunting the entire time until my wife fills her tag.

My wife wants to hunt exactly zero days.

I told her the better she hunts the quicker it is over.

I have a feeling it will be "over" quickly....

but not with a filled tag. lol

well that's sad, christine has a tag and we are planning the whole season even if she tags out early :) can't wait, i'm setting up a spike camp tomorrow.

I agree. Normally she is pretty into it but it is very difficult for me to argue with morning sickness....

• Like 1

Looks like a nice opening weekend up near my hunting grounds.

post-8895-0-04465500-1505272108_thumb.png

I am hunting the entire time until my wife fills her tag.

My wife wants to hunt exactly zero days.

I told her the better she hunts the quicker it is over.

I have a feeling it will be "over" quickly....

but not with a filled tag. lol

well that's sad, christine has a tag and we are planning the whole season even if she tags out early :) can't wait, i'm setting up a spike camp tomorrow.

I agree. Normally she is pretty into it but it is very difficult for me to argue with morning sickness....

ohhh, yep you win congrats . definitely more important things going on there. Just think how much fun you'll have next time she gets drawn. Our middle son is flying in from portland to join us . Our oldest and grandson are also coming.

I am pretty jazzed about hunting as always. I just like to call them in for my kid and others. I dont like to hunt elk its kinda like shooting a moo cow. I love deer so cant wait to go Thursday for the last day. last couple of years we deer hunted almost the whole season from Thursday to Monday every weekend. this year my 1st time will be Thursday .

I noticed my daughter had all her shoot packed , now I have to do my stuff before we leave tomorrow night. going to tow her jeep up there this year. this should be interesting as I haven't towed a jeep in 30 years behind a pick-up and still have to finish the brackets for the towbar tomorrow.

I leave tomorrow and have no plans to return until the hunt is complete.

It's amazing to see how many folks take the whole hunt off these days. As a kid I can remember the woods being empty during the week.

They still will be for the most part

last year was the same way, friday sat and sunday lots of people monday through -friday we didnt see a soul unless we were driving. then the following week we didnt see anyone driving but we hunt low anyhow and hike the canyons.