Sign in to follow this  
Prohunt

Hey Amanda!!

Amanda,

The offer still stands: if you want some ink on paper, let me know. No committment on your part - if you don't like it, don't use it.

Just figure out what you want - particulars: what deer, what design, etc.

Also, reading through this string, I see several oportunities for the use of actual (really big) coues deer as models. if this shirt/hat idea proves popular, perhaps in time, different 'editions' could be run of these various trophys.

Sounds like fun eh?

Rembrant,

Thanks again for the offer of artwork. I will let you know when I figure out particulars. For now, I think I will go with the designs that Bill Quimby has done for me. But I do anticipate having different editions of hats, shirts, etc, so there will probably be a need for your help.

Thanks!

Amanda

SIGN ME UP!!! I'll take any kind of Coues sticker, hat, shirt I can get my hands on. Amanda, I'm sending you some new older photos.

Josh

Amanda I talked to Duwane and he would have no problem if you wanted to take a picture of his monster and use it for the logo. I am like Josh, I would buy most anything with coues on it..........Thanks Allen.........

Thanks Allen. I am kinda holding off until I get the logos from Bill Quimby. I should have those by the end of the month. I wanted to start with those and then maybe branch out to using Duwane's or other deer. Tony M. emailed me a photo of Duwane's buck, but I think the angle of it isn't the best, so I may come down and reshoot it this fall.

I was up on the mountain talking with Quimby on Sunday. He said the logos were shipped last week and he hopes you will be happy with them. He didn't have one to show me but I like talking to that guy about hunting. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Bret M.

Hey, what do you guys think about my idea for a bumper sticker? It cracks me up!

friends-bumper-sticker.jpg

I have been working on some logos and should have them ready soon. I don't know if I will do bumper stickers, but I was messing around with logos and thought this was a good one.

Amanda

I think that's a funny bumper sticker, however I think that you guys are being a little bit snobby when it comes to hunting mule deer. I have hunted coues for 5 years now in New Mexico and I admit I'm hooked forever. Coues deer are probably the hardest deer to hunt generally speaking. Although hunting mule deer can sometimes be very easy, it can sometimes be very hard as well. It all depends where you are hunting them, and how much hunting pressure there is. One thing about a mature mule deer buck, if there's tons of hunting pressure he will just leave the country never to be found. Compare that to a mature coues buck. In my experience, even if there's a lot of hunting pressure a coues will not want to leave his home area, which gives the hunter a chance to harvest him. It just strikes a little nerve because I've had many a great and challenging mule deer hunt, and to use mule deer and carp in the same sentence just doesn't seem right to me Anyway, just a little complaint from this "new to the game" Coues hunter. By the way Amanda, I love your website!

Good Hunting, Travis

Travis,

You are right, it is a bit snobby. I might not make them because it's kinda antagonistic, but I think it's hysterical. I suppose Mule deer hunters won't think it's funny. Surely they can take a joke though.

I think it's just friendly competition. :ph34r:

What's nice about it is you have to be a deer hunter to get it. So 90% of the people who see it won't have a clue. But your huntin' buddies will!

Amanda

Amanda,

I totally understand about the competition thing. When I first started hunting coues, my long time mule deer hunting family would say, "Why to you want to hunt those coyotes with horns for?". So of course I would try to explain the whole coues deer addiction thing to them, but they still poke fun at me. So I understand if you were just trying to have a little fun with your mule deer hunting buddies. Some game animals excite people more than others and for us, there's nothing better than a Coues Buck. But for other people, a big mulie is their favorite. So I'm sure if the mule deer hunters called Coues Deer "carp", we would be a little offended. Anyway, keep up the good site.

Travis