josh

Lion in a canyon

I thought this one looks most like a lion.

Wish I had a way to clear them up.

post-1013-1194449932.jpg

I can see the possibility of them being a jaguarundi, but I'm still stickin' with Coati's! I don't think you can base the comparison off the clear photo of the Coati you have..........those ones in the water could be and probably are wet, and not all Coati's have thick bushy tails like that one. I don't know if it's 'cause there younger ones or not but I have seen big differences in colors shapes and sizes on Coati's. I'm also not catching where the "cat" face is in the grass? Which pic' is that in? JIM>

Here's a blow-up of one that they said was a coati. You can see a feline face in the grass. It has to be either a juvenile lion or a jaguarundi. I have another shot of javelina in the exact same spot & this critter is smaller than the javis. A lion that young would still have spots, so I think this is a jaguarundi.

Matt S.

P.S. sorry for hijacking the thread, that wasn't my intention. :(

post-1431-1194450056_thumb.jpg

jaguarundi_face.bmp

Another thing is that I just have a hard time believing a cat of any kind would be gettin' down and dirty and wet in a mud pit like that? That is what Coati's do. I've seen em' do it at waterholes, they aren't afraid of gettin' wet. No way to tell for 100% fact, it's just what I'm guessing! Very cool photos though! JIM>

I can see the possibility of them being a jaguarundi, but I'm still stickin' with Coati's! I don't think you can base the comparison off the clear photo of the Coati you have..........those ones in the water could be and probably are wet, and not all Coati's have thick bushy tails like that one. I don't know if it's 'cause there younger ones or not but I have seen big differences in colors shapes and sizes on Coati's. I'm also not catching where the "cat" face is in the grass? Which pic' is that in? JIM>

Sorry jim, don't think I posted that pic originally. It was the one in my last post, but it was taken at the same time as the others.

Matt S.

p.s. I'll arm wrestle you for it. I win = jaguarundi, you win = coati. ;)

P.S. sorry for hijacking the thread, that wasn't my intention.

OOPS! Didn't think about that sorry guys!

Now where did you come up with that pic' Matt? :P THAT pic makes me side with ya.......and now maybe one of the others. The ones where the critter is down in the water, those are Coati's. This last photo and one of the others make me think Jaguarundi and agree with you.........even though, I still don't see the face you are talkin' about......maybe the ears, but not the face. JIM>

Those pics were taken w/ one of the crappy old original widlview cams (I think 0.2 mega pix!?!), so the clarity isn't there. If you click on the pic where I circled the head & view it full size, you can see the face through the grass. I can at least. At least I think I can.... dang it!?! Starting to confuse myself on this one. Just click on the link to the .bmp file & you'll see a face - and no this is not one of those stare in the mirror & say bloody mary 3 times kinda faces!

It's either a cat face through that grass, or I'm going completely nucking futs! :wacko:

Those pics were taken w/ one of the crappy old original widlview cams (I think 0.2 mega pix!?!), so the clarity isn't there. If you click on the pic where I circled the head & view it full size, you can see the face through the grass. I can at least. At least I think I can.... dang it!?! Starting to confuse myself on this one. Just click on the link to the .bmp file & you'll see a face - and no this is not one of those stare in the mirror & say bloody mary 3 times kinda faces!

It's either a cat face through that grass, or I'm going completely nucking futs! :wacko:

Welcome to the club,nice pictures though thanks for sharing.

Did I ever post these... Notice the times...

Jason

Missed you by that much....

Did I ever post these... Notice the times...

Jason

Missed you by that much....

cat looks like its lookin for her...