Sign in to follow this  
kidso

Primos Cam in 23N

pretty much everyone is a guide now so hard to distinguish. also guides who specialize in certain units already believe that they own those units and the animals in them.

• Like 3

pretty much everyone is a guide now so hard to distinguish. also guides who specialize in certain units already believe that they own those units and the animals in them.

And THAT is doing more to ruin the joy of hunting than anything else imo. Too much money and ego involved.

I just agreed with trphy; asked my wife to check me for fever.

• Like 4

I would bet that 1/2 or possibly 2/3's of cams out in the field belong to Guide/Outfitters.... Even with losing some, I am sure it costs them a lot less money than paying for more boots on the ground or finders fees Shame our public land is being filled with such LITTER

• Like 1

I would bet that 1/2 or possibly 2/3's of cams out in the field belong to Guide/Outfitters.... Even with losing some, I am sure it costs them a lot less money than paying for more boots on the ground or finders fees Shame our public land is being filled with such LITTER

LITTER? I think there is actual litter, unattended camp fires and off road driving we should be more concerned about. Places are being shut down and not because of trail cams.

• Like 1

LITTER? I think there is actual litter, unattended camp fires and off road driving we should be more concerned about. Places are being shut down and not because of trail cams.

They are actual LITTER as well

• Like 1

Ok go with it!

Going to put a camera up,and then another to watch that one, and then another to watch that one, and then another never mind you get the point! !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Welcome back str8shot. we all missed your negative input on trail cameras

• Like 2

Well I haven't said much on this but ill just give 2 cents people that are against it are MOSTly (NOT ALL) people that cant afford to run them (priorities), people that dont wanna take the time to run them(priorities), or just haters in general. I hear the stories every year I just dont have time to scout they scout alot thats why their successful well its all on you and what time you put into it do you have the drive for you to be successful on your hunt if you dont run cams good for you and if you do keep enjoying the pics

• Like 1

Need to outlaw them period. We know of roughly 250 in N alone. If you can learn how to hunt with out cameras and salt find a new job or hobby

I agree even the playing field.

cameras do level the playing field though.
They don't level the field for the people that can't afford time off work to travel back and forth to the strip all summer and fall.
Lol

I'm not sure I get the 'even/level the playing field' thing. I didn't realize hunting was a competitive sport. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, I suppose if I was a guide making money off of it, then I might see it differently. (Got no problem with guides, either.....) Me though, I'm just a basic hack that loves to get out and hunt/fish/camp with family & friends when I get the chance. I'll go to my usual spots and sometimes try new spots. Sometimes I see cameras, but usually I don't. When I see them it is sometimes interesting (I'll usually wave if I walk in front of them), but I can't think of a time where a camera on a tree or fence post has impacted my hunt one way or the other. I've of course also run into other hunters on occasion, and luckily pretty much all of my experiences have been positive.

Cams or no cams, quads or no quads (I don't have those either...), whatever..... I think I'll just continue to try to get out when I can and enjoy.

S.

• Like 8

Welcome back str8shot. we all missed your negative input on trail cameras

Never Been Gone. There have not been too many whine threads from you cam guys and it is just too much fun seeing you cam guys cry when others don't share your same view on using cams for hunting.