Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

SOLD

SOLD

Bump

How do those turrets work?

While I have not adjusted any of the turrets, I think the ballistic turret has the 3 rings that you set when you find your own zero and your correct dial for 4 ranges. Zero distance, and then 3 other distances, like green=300, yellow=400, red=500. The turret rings align to show you when you at that distance. Like a yardage marker or custom turret, but is adjustable by the shooter for the load used. I could be totally wrong though. That is my take on them.

• Like 1

How do those turrets work?

While I have not adjusted any of the turrets, I think the ballistic turret has the 3 rings that you set when you find your own zero and your correct dial for 4 ranges. Zero distance, and then 3 other distances, like green=300, yellow=400, red=500. The turret rings align to show you when you at that distance. Like a yardage marker or custom turret, but is adjustable by the shooter for the load used. I could be totally wrong though. That is my take on them.

Lance is right. I messed with one at the Outdoorsmans this past winter. Here's the link to the Swaro youtube explanation.

On paper-- http://www.eurooptic.com/swarovski-bt-ballistic-turret-instructions.aspx

The adjustments are still in 1/4MOA but the color coded rings basically give you a quick spin for a known range. Example- If you set the baseline zero at 200 yards you would use a ballistic calculator to determine how many clicks needed for 300 yards and then set the first ring. However- you can set the 3 color coded rings to whatever range you prefer. Just know that if you set them for 300, 400, 500 and the animal steps out at 450 you spin to your 400 ring and dial however many additional clicks needed to get to 450.

It is important to note that on the Z3 and Z5 models (I don't know about Z6, etc) that once the zero stop and BT are installed you only get one revolution of the turret (13.5-14 MOA). They have 58 MOA of total adjustment but not after you set zero and the turret.

• Like 1

Has Parallax Turret which adjusts for optimum focus. Dial range & it gives best focus.

If you still have this scope, I will take it.

• Like 1

DCS - sent you PM, Scope SPF to DCS.

SOLD