Passinthru

Shooting Gongs for sale

Hello all,

Looking to sell these gongs I make, they're very light weight and break down easy, no tools required and easy to store. If you're interested for a complete package, base, frame, gong, and stakes I'm looking for $65 a piece. I can customize depending on what you what as well.

-Thanks

Sorry for pictures, not sure why they turned that way, help appreciated

post-14752-0-18883200-1494170757_thumb.jpg

post-14752-0-27007200-1494170803_thumb.jpg

post-14752-0-12691300-1494170866_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

How big are the gongs and for what caliber/cartridge are they rated? I was thinking of buying the materials to make my own for high caliber rifle/long distance and was looking at either 8" or 10" plates.

Gongs are 4,6,8" but can pretty much do whatever. As for thickness on these I believe they're a 1/4" and great for pistols. I blew through with a .270 at 100 yards but I could always experiment and make thicker ones and try stainless as well. Can always swap the gongs out as well.

How big are the gongs and for what caliber/cartridge are they rated? I was thinking of buying the materials to make my own for high caliber rifle/long distance and was looking at either 8" or 10" plates.

Gongs are 4,6,8" but can pretty much do whatever. As for thickness on these I believe they're a 1/4" and great for pistols. I blew through with a .270 at 100 yards but I could always experiment and make thicker ones and try stainless as well. Can always swap the gongs out as well.

Use ar500 if you don't want to shoot through them.

1/4 ar 500 isn't phased a bit by anything 500 yards and farther. I did notice if you shoot the edges it will bend a little but doesn't even begin to even scratch the steel. That's with 200 gr and smaller.

• Like 1

dang sounds like that ar 500 is the stuff to use. I'll have to start making them with that.

Thanks for the input.

Open to offers

What steel are you using and where are you located?

Not sure just mild steel I guess, just scrap metal had layin around. I'm all over from Springerville and head that way often. Work in Globe and live in Florence/San Tan. Be in Mesa this weekend

Dont give up on your steel just yet.

You may have good steel for gongs just needing heat treatment. I can help you with that if there's decent carbon content in your steel. I can fit up to a 14" plate in my forge.

Take a grinder to your steel and observe the Sparks. If the Sparks are bright and numerous, your steel surplus may be worth working with, specially when you consider the cost of AR400-500 steel and shipping.