Codywhi

frustration buck

after six days of hunting hard and passing up five decent bucks just waiting for the buck i been watchin since aug, thought i had him peged he beded in the same spot 90 percent of the time..fri moring we got in an hour befor light around eight a hunter came in and took a nap in the same spot this buck usually beds... go figure... i keep after him though seen five other good bucks but i had my mind set on that special one... well finaly this moring i find him after a two hour stalk the closes shot i could get was 520 and yup i missed him just over him...so now im mad and hatein life went to the next canyon i glassed the smallest buck i ever seen and took all my frustration out on him and a perfect shot too i think that made me even more mad... but over all i had a great hunt, got to hunt with my dad and brother we had a blast seen two bears too the fisrt time i ever seen a bear in the wild got them on trail cameras befor but never seen one..i havent had a tag in 4 years and never really understood how to hunt these deer but just from the post and all the stuff on this site has made me a better hunter so thanks amanda and every one on this site u guys are awsome...

my last day buck

post-892-1193889965.jpg

two hours later i get a call from my brother and he got this buck today also this was his first buck..

post-892-1193889981.jpg

Congrats to you and your brother, sounds like you had a great time.

Congrats to you and your brother. Sometimes no matter how much work we have put into something it just doesn't work out. Way to stick with it and enjoy your hunt even though its not the buck you were after.

Phil

That's hunting. You should be proud of that buck. Congrats to you and your brother.

Been there, done that, got the Tee shirt....

Also pot roast, steaks and stew... mmmm Good!

Enjoy the experience and the meals. You know how to find em, next time he'll be yours.

Even though you didn't get the buck you wanted, the one you got should make for some great table fare.

OUCH... that hurt.... That is exactly like saying... "Well, she has a nice personality"....

Dude... Don't worry about... You shot a deer great job..

j-