Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

good and the bad

The good news is in the photo's - plenty of action on the shed camera by trailer

The bad news - someone stole a camera off my other 81 property - 1/4 mile off road on the saddle trail -

got it posted and cable across driveway - but as we all know this means nothing to thieves- guess I should be glad it didn't happen before - it's only been there 4 yrs .!

the other bad news - on my trailer property - some on came past my gated drive way and turned my camera off and took the sd card - 40 yrds from trailer

here agin guess I'm glad they didn't take any thing else or the shed camera

one day the elk stayed all day from 9 am to 4 30 pm even bedded by shed

hope you enjoyed the photos especially the muleys in the snow

guess its time for lock box's cuz if they stole once . they will most likely be back

post-3096-0-53072200-1493657854_thumb.jpg

post-3096-0-03043900-1493657938_thumb.jpg

post-3096-0-67580300-1493657967_thumb.jpg

post-3096-0-54691200-1493658091_thumb.jpg

post-3096-0-95657900-1493658108_thumb.jpg

post-3096-0-94723900-1493658175_thumb.jpg

post-3096-0-28202100-1493658210_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Unfortunately it seems today's youngsters are being born without the morality gene! This stuff never use to happen 20+ years ago

the second highlight- nice group of does and cows to be able to enlarge the herds -

even the piggys have a couple reds- hope they make it

Unfortunately it seems today's youngsters are being born without the morality gene! This stuff never use to happen 20+ years ago

Blame the parents

• Like 1

I had a bunch of comments but just think back about the things your not proud of - can't blame my parents !

lot's of bad crap happened 20 yrs ago but back then it was not as easy to make it known to public forums

• Like 1

Great pics. That is always my fear. I buy the low end cameras that take great pics and are relieble (WGI's). They are in cables and lockboxes. I realize this will only keep the honest people honest. Sorry to hear about yours.

I just came back from my turkey hunt in 27. I hung my my oldest camera during last years spring turkey hunt. I was relieved when I walked up to the tree and it was still there, knocked over but still there. The batteries died after 6 months with 3200+ pics on it that I'm still weeding through. The elk found it and knocked it over with their tongues and noses. Bummed I missed out on the prime deer rut window.

if you leave a few dead bodies near your cameras it may deter further theft.