Sign in to follow this  
ac guy

early success

Is it just me, or does it seem like there has been a bunch of successful hunts in this early season? Haven't heard much from those who haven't tagged, although hunting isn't over yet and some are still out.

I've heard of a few guys that are having a rough time. I went out last Saturday and glassed up a few bucks but just couldn't get the shooter to connect :rolleyes: Hopefully the temperature will go down a couple of notches for the November hunt.

I'm one who didn't succeed in killing anything last weekend. Due to other commitments here at home, I only had 1 1/2 days to hunt. Saw plenty of does & fawns, and two shooter bucks (plus a smaller one) that somehow disapeared as I was stalking closer for a shot. ;)

I'll be back out in three weeks with my oldest for his 36A junior hunt though.

S.

:)

It was a really tough hunt. I am really surprised with how much success we are seeing with how hot it was and the full moon.

I step forward and tell you I didn't get anything. :( We saw a total of 7 bucks in 35A in 2 1/2 days of hard hunting. I passed on a small 2x3 opening morning. Then shot and missed at a 3x? at 250 yards nearly straight down hill and missed. For the remainder of the hunt we only saw 2x2's and I figured I'd let em' live. Did see a decent buck on Sunday morning but there was no way to get to him and he fed out of sight and that was it. :(

coues7

Given the high temps I am not only surprised at the number of successfull hunts but also the quality of bucks being taken. I guess ya'll are becoming smarter than the Coues.

I think the full moon had more affect than anything. Bucks/does were still moving to bed between 9AM-2PM just like norm but they were in bed before the sun even came up cause they got to feed all night. Sleeping under the stars was hard for us......it was like a couple of night lights that you just couldn't turn off :angry:

Sleeping under the stars was hard for us......it was like a couple of night lights that you just couldn't turn off :angry:

That's the truth. The moon was so bright, it was like trying to sleep during daylight. Actually woke me up a few times, but it was far too nice of weather at night to sleep in a tent.