CouesWhitetail

Fall Colors in New England!

Hi All,

Many of you know that I just got back from a trip to NH and ME to visit my husband's mom and dad as well as some brothers and their families. It was a great trip! We had PERFECT weather and PEAK foliage! It couldn't have been nicer. When almost always go back east this time of year to visit the family, but it's usually at least somewhat cold. But this time it 70's during the day and not much cooler at night. We were working outside in tshirts and sleeping with the windows open at night.

The foliage was absolutely jaw-dropping and I am sure my photos won't do it justice. But the maples were a mix of bright red, orange and yellow and there were lots of birches and other trees showing colors as well. Here are some images:

post-1-1193272493_thumb.jpg

post-1-1193272532.jpg

post-1-1193272617_thumb.jpg

post-1-1193272553_thumb.jpg

post-1-1193272667_thumb.jpg

post-1-1193272718_thumb.jpg

My husband's parents own a beautiful farm in NH and we had borrowed a car from his brother for the week. It was parked under some giant maples for a couple days at the farm and this is what it looked like when we were leaving. We enjoyed maple syrup made from sap from those trees while at the farm....yum!

post-1-1193272751.jpg

One of my husband's brothers has NINE (!!!!) kids (some were adopted from guatemala and russia). So we always try and spend many days with them taking hikes and going to the beach or going to their soccer games or whatever. Here is a photo of my husband walking with one of the nephews on a neat boardwalk that goes thru a long stretch of maple forest (that must get swampy at times).

post-1-1193272837.jpg

some ocean and beach photos:

post-1-1193273007_thumb.jpg

post-1-1193273085.jpg

post-1-1193273567.jpg

and we came across this drawing in the sand and I figured the many Christians on this site would appreciate it:

post-1-1193273150.jpg

and for the snake lovers around here, this is a redbellied snake we saw slither across the trail.

post-1-1193273199.jpg

post-1-1193273209.jpg

This time of year there is always a monarch butterfly migration going on and so we saw lots and lots of these, as well as ladybugs.

post-1-1193273270_thumb.jpg

And here is the sunset from our last day in Maine.

post-1-1193273333.jpg

It was a really great trip and I am glad we went. We ate lobster, smoked seafood, clam chowder, mussels marinara, and much more. It was actually colder here when we got home to Globe than it was in Maine!

Hope you enjoy the pics! If you get a chance to see the fall foliage in New England, it's a great trip. Everything is so beautiful out there this time of year!

Amanda

Thanks Amanda,

I grew up in Pa and really miss the fall colors

The town I grew up in had its annual fair this time of year.

It was called the Autumn Leaf Festival.

Had the carnival and all the vendors and parade

It was great.

Small town USA

Hey Mr. Taylor,

If you see Opie would you please tell him I need to give him his skate key back?

Yes Sir and I have it with me for him.

Oh, and Elma Lou is looking for Barney.

I am not making fun.

Thats the way life should be.

Thanks for the GREAT pictures.

Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Think I'll call my Mom who is still back there ;) :rolleyes:

Mike

Nice pictures and I bet it was a nice change seeing real fall colors. I was in Spokane and ID last week and saw some pretty vivid colors myself. Sure is different from AZ.

Thanks for sharing the pics and commentary with us!