Sign in to follow this  
257wby

Tripod search

Has anyone used the Slik Sprint Pro? I'm looking for a light weight tripod and carbon fiber is pretty expensive. Not to mention the Slik Pro is lighter than any CF tripod I've found. Thanks everyone.

Mike

They are a nice tripod for a small easy to pack tripod. a friend of mine has one for when he is hiking and likes it alot. Amanda sells them on this site. so if you end up getting one then buy it from her and suport this site.

i have the sprint mini, and i love it

For the size and price there hard to beat...The only complaint I would have is that mine can start to get alittle shaky when windy...

I have the Big Bogen, the Outdoorsman, and a couple others. they all in my shed.

I hunt with a the Slik Pro GM. Flagcoueskiller turned me on to it.

He has the outdoorsman pistol on it, I have the jim white. Both are awesome.

A little shakey in the wind if you're standing up, but quiet, easy to pack and cheap.

Matt

I have the Big Bogen, the Outdoorsman, and a couple others. they all in my shed.

I hunt with a the Slik Pro GM. Flagcoueskiller turned me on to it.

He has the outdoorsman pistol on it, I have the jim white. Both are awesome.

A little shakey in the wind if you're standing up, but quiet, easy to pack and cheap.

Matt

I may be looking for another heavy from the truck type Tripod (sorry) cheap.

so I dont have to switch between Binos and scope.

Not that big of a deal but if both were set up it would be nice.

I am watching this topic close since I really need a GOOD pack pod.

Think I will go with the Jim White head but not sure about pod yet.

Mike

Thanks guys. I have the Bogen HD in green(o555nat), its a bit heavy, but doesn't move even in 30+ mph wind. But @7.6 pounds with the bogen pistol grip, going up hill takes a little xtra. I have been thinking about selling it if anyone needs a good tripod for video taping. Thanks again.

Mike

Thanks guys. I have the Bogen HD in green(o555nat), its a bit heavy, but doesn't move even in 30+ mph wind. But @7.6 pounds with the bogen pistol grip, going up hill takes a little xtra. I have been thinking about selling it if anyone needs a good tripod for video taping. Thanks again.

Mike

$1.00?????????

Just kidding :P

How Much?

Mike

I started with a Slik U-100 It was light, but had a plastic head that vibrated in the wind and flexed under weight, and the legs did not have angular adjustments.

Went to a Velbon Chaser EFL4. Was sturdy and steady, legs adjusted out, but do not care for the PH37 head as it wore and is not as smooth, and seems heavy.

Then got a Slik Sprint Pro to save weight, but the legs flex some.

Then got the Velbon LuxiF from Cameraland. It is about as light as the Slik Sprint, but the legs are stiffer. Just put the Manfrotto 700RC2 head on it as it is smoother and I think I will like the individual tighteners for pan and tilt. Will try and rig up a rock bag for the tripod.

cpugsie talks of the Slik carbon fiber tripods. which are reasonably light and are about $200. the 614CF looks good on paper, but I have not seen one.

http://www.thkphoto.com/products/slik/slik-cfs6.html

257wby I just might take your tripod. Is this price for the whole thing the tripod and pistol head. If so let me know what area you are located in and i will talk to the boss about buying it. We have a photography company that she runs doing wedding photos and family photos for people. We ar also getting into wildlife photagraphy and videos as a family so another big heavy tripod will help us out alot.