Sign in to follow this  
Sneaker

What does G&F do for a month?

collect interest on all that money for a month...think about it, even at a few % it's a fair chunk.

I used to think this as well but it is actually illegal for them to profit by investing the application monies.

• Like 2

AZ is better than some other states.

UT app period just ended and results wont be out until May 31st. They don't even tell you how many tags will be alloted per hunt.

WY is done in less than a month.

They need to scrap the paper apps. If they are in need of keeping employees busy, send them to the field for a month this time of year to enforce the closed road restrictions.

AGFD doesn't even enforce the "no camping within a 1/4 mile of a tank". Do you really think they would try to enforce hunting within 1/4 mile of a trail camera that is even harder to find?

I think this - "in such a place that wildlife or domestic stock will be denied access to the only reasonably available water." is the deciding factor on issuing a citation or not.

s

I haven't seen many places in the West, where domestic stock was afraid of campsites.

AGFD doesn't even enforce the "no camping within a 1/4 mile of a tank". Do you really think they would try to enforce hunting within 1/4 mile of a trail camera that is even harder to find?

I think this - "in such a place that wildlife or domestic stock will be denied access to the only reasonably available water." is the deciding factor on issuing a citation or not.

s

I haven't seen many places in the West, where domestic stock was afraid of campsites.

While it's true some cattle will walk right into a campsite you can't assume all will since you probably never see the ones that shy away.

One year while elk hunting the San Carlos Reservation I had one of the Indian cattle break into my ice chest while I was away. Caused a lot of disgruntlement among the neighboring bears as they thought that cow was "cutting their grass" !!