Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Reminder - AZDFG Not Calling This Year

Remember, AZGFD will no be making calls for declined credit cards this year. They even state it on the receipt page of your online application (see picture below). Credit cards must be updated by 11:59 PM on Thursday 3/16/17. MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

Based upon the last couple of draw cycles, I would assume the following:

• There will probably not be an email reminder to update credit cards.
  • The process has gone very smoothly as of late, and the charging had started in the AM hours the next day after the deadline date to update credit cards.
  • There will be a lot of people coming in here complaining about how unfair the process was.

post-6408-0-61946000-1486847842_thumb.png

• Like 2

Its about time.

Couldn't agree more!

As long as they start charging immediately after the deadline, there is no reason to call other than applicant irresponsibility. Where AZGFD runs into trouble is if the process is delayed after the cc update deadline, and people's credit card info changes between the deadline and the charging (cards stolen, lost, etc.).

• Like 2

I wonder what happens if your cc denies multiple charges of the same amount because you use one card for everyone? That would suck.

I wonder what happens if your cc denies multiple charges of the same amount because you use one card for everyone? That would suck.

Pre-paid money card. I have been using them for years with no issues.

• Like 2

I spread it out over different credit and debit cards to not only avoid this, but by keeping track of who is on which card, I know who drew. You should be able to contact your bank or credit card company in advance of the draw and approve multiple charges of the same amount, as well as from specific organizations (AZGFD).

• Like 1

I spread it out over different credit and debit cards to not only avoid this, but by keeping track of who is on which card, I know who drew. You should be able to contact your bank or credit card company in advance of the draw and approve multiple charges of the same amount, as well as from specific organizations (AZGFD).
^^^

Correct. Call your cc company and tell them not to decline charges from azgfd. They will make a note in your account and allow those charges.

• Like 1

Same here . I picked up another pre-paid card so I would know who drew what upon credit card hits.

Just started doing this the last couple draws. Card stays buried in my desk at work so nobody tried to use it.

Just started doing this the last couple draws. Card stays buried in my desk at work so nobody tried to use it.
Yep I didn't trust the wife with the checking account back in the day and used money orders. Now its the same with debit cards. She is not bad with either, just dont want a catastrophe. ;)

In the event there is a payment issue (lord knows many issues can and do come up) the G&F should just show on the draw results with a note:

"Payment for tag did was not successful, please visit G&F office to finalize payment and receive a tag."

I know, it's another step in their process.

But it certainly avoids any time delay in results.

In the event there is a payment issue (lord knows many issues can and do come up) the G&F should just show on the draw results with a note:

"Payment for tag did was not successful, please visit G&F office to finalize payment and receive a tag."

I know, it's another step in their process.

But it certainly avoids any time delay in results.

Bad idea. Way too much extra work. And then you have to figure out what to do when someone doesn't end up calling and paying for their tag. Definitely no delay in results if you put the responsibility on the people applying to just be big boys and make sure your card is working before hand.
  • Like 3

And it is all so simple next door. New Mexico takes your money when you apply. You either get a tag or the money for the tag back. No worries about credit card screw-ups when your app is pulled up in the lottery.

• Like 2