m gardner

Long Range Animal Recovery

I break out my video or still digital camera and take a few pictures at where I shot to. If alone I'll write down in my note pad some of the key features and where to go. Maybe draw a small map. Then I'll view the photos and make sure I can make out where to go from landmarks. So far I've done that with great success but have got a few new tips here on how to recover from a long range shot. Some times it's not so long of a shot but across a nasty canyon that you have to go almost a mile out of your way to get across that's a bugger. That's when you've forgot all about your land marks, which makes the photos and mini map all worth the while.

cmc

That is really good CMC..... I guess reviewing video never crossed my mind. I like it! ;)

Hey, Lark..... I have a Strong back and a Weak mind..... I'll pack whatever it takes to gitter-done!!! ;) :lol: So...... Shooooosh!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And, Casey..... I think you should always have a "spotter".... or chaparone.... when you go to the woods. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CnS

Thats why Linnea and Danielle are bringing daddys truck down to Tucson... ;)

Brian... thats enough from you you... well you know what you are!

Mike, I dont even need to say anything. :D

I just point my laser assisted GPS at the downed animal and after it loads my coordinates into the GPS

I am good to go.

This was supposed to be a joke. :unsure:

SHEEEEEZ nobody catch it?? Gino, GH, LARK?

I just point my laser assisted GPS at the downed animal and after it loads my coordinates into the GPS

I am good to go.

Hey, Brain Boy...... That technology is real and in use..... just not available to us yet.....Duh. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a Ack Jass!!!! :rolleyes:

Dirk D. : :ph34r: RIDES AGAIN!!!!!

That was a good one cmc! I forgot about reveiwing the video. I had to do just that with a buddy after he shot his huge bull.....remember that Jnoble?......We were unsure of the hit and gave the bull an hour to give up the ghost and when we made it to where the animal was we could not find blood. The ground was so rocky we couldn't even find tracks to pin point where the bull was standing. We were on the edge of a clearing and wanted to enter the treeline exactly where the bull had, but all the vegetation looked the same and we had no sign to use. I remembered about the camera, rewound it, played it back and could see the exact tree we needed to go past into the treeline. As soon as we got to that spot we could see the bull up under a tree less than a 100 yrds in the trees! If you have it, the video is priceless for reviewing shot placement and position of the critter! JIM>

I am good to go.

Hey, Brain Boy...... That technology is real and in use..... just not available to us yet.....Duh. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a Ack Jass!!!! :rolleyes:

Dirk D. : :ph34r: RIDES AGAIN!!!!!

What a MORON. DUH

Go to bed DOOFUS.

you probly all text while yer drivin' too.........Lark.

Yup!! ;) :lol: :lol:

Ditto.

And it's nice to see your up and not so cranky.

Yup!! ;) :lol: :lol:

Gino, you know what text messaging is? Wow! im impressed!

what the heck would all you guys do without alla them 'lectronic gadgets? 'lectric maps, 'lectric range finders, 'lectric cameras, 'lectric gps's, etc., etc., etc. dang, whatever happend to huntin' skill? ya ever hear of thinkin' to yourself, "he's under that rock by that tree"........? how much does all this stuff weigh anyway? Lark.

I love it. Nice one Lark.

just hard to take from a guy using a computer to post on the internet...

cmc

what the heck would all you guys do without alla them 'lectronic gadgets? 'lectric maps, 'lectric range finders, 'lectric cameras, 'lectric gps's, etc., etc., etc. dang, whatever happend to huntin' skill? ya ever hear of thinkin' to yourself, "he's under that rock by that tree"........? how much does all this stuff weigh anyway? Lark.

I love it. Nice one Lark.

just hard to take from a guy using a computer to post on the internet...

cmc

OUCH :lol:

At my age I just call my kid on the radio, another of those awful electronic gadgets, direct him the deer and meet him at the truck.

At my age I just call my kid on the radio, another of those awful electronic gadgets, direct him the deer and meet him at the truck.

I'm in no hurry, But

some day I'll have son in laws for that :unsure:

Shut up Casey <_<

DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THOSE MOUTH BREATHERS.

It should be legal for me to pull out my Springfield Mil-Spec from glove box and blast them into the next lane.