Thought I would show you guys a buck my dad got a few weeks a ago. He tipped over backwards with one shot that stuck him in the spine at 70 yards. He scores right around 113". Very proud of him. We worked pretty hard. Hope you enjoy and happy hunting.

No story teller, but I'll give it a whirl. I have been scouting a few units really hard over the last few years looking for those booners. In doing so, I have found some pretty sick honey holes that are home to some dandy bucks. It was Labor Day weekend when I asked my pa and brother if they wanted to go shoot a monster buck that I have been watching over the spring and summer months. I had finally got him figured out and new that day was going to be a hunt that I wanted to share with my loved ones, especialy my father. He has taught me all I know and passed onto me the CW curse that has haunted him ever since he was my age. We arrived to our location bright and early, a little too early says my older brother. All morning long we only seen a few does and some small bucks. After hiking and glassing all day we finally had to call it quits due to our long hike back to the truck and nightfall coming quick. As nearing a bowl my brother said, "Deer." On the other ridge up in the bowl were three deer flagging running over the top into a thicket. With binoculars put away and releases in our pockets my brother grabbed my rangefinder out of my pack just allowing us enough time to catch a glimpse of one the bucks. We figured he was around 100 inches or so. Thought it was pretty neat and continued our hike up the ridge. With light running out I kicked it into high gear and got ahead of them about 60 or so yards. Near the top of the ridge I was taking a breather and looking at my cam resting on my boot. Just happend to look over to the other ridge and seen one of those bucks standing staring at me. I figured I had no time to get my release on so I drew back with my fingers and let one rip. After seeing my arrow hit a tree not anywhere near the deer I looked back to inform my bro and dad that one of those bucks was standing there. My dad was already at full draw and aiming at something I couldn't see. He let one fly and a second later they both through their fists in the air and started hugging and yelling. I dropped my bow and pack and hauled butt to the party. I looked over on the other ridge and seen his buck belly up kickin a little. Made a spine shot we figured so we hurried over to check it out. They thought it looked a little bigger standing at 70yards in just enough light to take an ethical shot. Lucky for us we weren't really that far from the truck. Took some pics and dragged him out. The coolest part of the whole deal is my dad was shooting his dad's Hoyt that his dad gave to him just before he died a few years back. It was the first archery animal my dad has ever harvested and doing it with his dad's bow made it that much cooler and rememerable. HTe buck grossed just shy of 113". We never found the buck we were after, but I couldn't have asked for anything better than to see my dad shoot that deer. Hope you enjoy and happy hunting. I just like black and white old school pictures a little better. We really didn't get any great pictures because we were in a little hurry. Should have took our time but we actually thought it was only a high 90incher so it wasn't really a big buck at that time until my bro scored it.

post-848-1191466579_thumb.jpg

post-848-1191466598.jpg

Very nice buck!! Congrats to your Pop! I am sure it will be something you and your Dad will remember for a life time. Let's hear the story!!!

awesome buck!! but Are you sure he is your pop?

He got it with one shot so I had to ask! :lol:

Fantastic buck! Congrats to your pops and you! JIM>

Sweet buck man! Congrats to your dad and you for your success!

Phil

Nice! Nice! Nice! Wow, that is a very nice deer. Great picture as well. Congrats to your Dad. :D

TJ